It's a Strange World, After All - A mythical role play

Do you think I should stop making such long stories?

• Yep, just stop.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • No, I enjoy it.

Votes: 13 86.7%

• Total voters
When he noticed they were getting to close to the shore again, he passed Aisling the book so she could read as he started rowing them back to the center.
Aisling found where he left off once they were safely on their way then started reading aloud from there to him.

Queen Lillia was walking down a hallway, away from the infirmary. Hyun was walking behind her, head low as she led him to the kitchens to get him started on his new job.
She had just released Hyun from the nurse's overbearing care. Bless her, she was one of the best caretakers in the kingdom, but she always insisted on babying the patients just a little and having them stay longer than required.

Hyun's wounds were cleaned and stitched, he had gained some weight, and overall he was healthy enough to work. So now he'd help the cooks out and go from there. Hyun was confident he'd do well, and wondered what it would be like to work in this country.

Aisling found where he left off once they were safely on their way then started reading aloud from there to him. 

Aiveron listened to Aisling's pleasant voice as he rowed. There was something about being read to, that allowed the listener to visualize the words so much better. He savored this rarity all the more, because Aisling was apart of it.

Aiveron listened to Aisling's pleasant voice as he rowed. There was something about being read to, that allowed the listener to visualize the words so much better. He savored this rarity all the more, because Aisling was apart of it.
Aisling would read until she got thirsty and the light started to fail or they finished the story, whichever came first.

Aisling would read until she got thirsty and the light started to fail or they finished the story, whichever came first. 

Aiveron had chosen a fairly short book, so upon it's conclusion, he rowed them to the shore. "That was very nice. Thank you for reading it." He said, as he put the the oars away. "Come, my lady. I'm fairly certain you are in need of refreshments." He said as he stepped out to stabilize the boat with one hand and offered her the other to assist her out.

Queen Lillia was walking down a hallway, away from the infirmary. Hyun was walking behind her, head low as she led him to the kitchens to get him started on his new job.
She had just released Hyun from the nurse's overbearing care. Bless her, she was one of the best caretakers in the kingdom, but she always insisted on babying the patients just a little and having them stay longer than required.

Hyun's wounds were cleaned and stitched, he had gained some weight, and overall he was healthy enough to work. So now he'd help the cooks out and go from there. Hyun was confident he'd do well, and wondered what it would be like to work in this country.

Emily was back in the kitchen, working hard and scrubbing the heavy pots and pans, and keeping the fire going, and generally doing all the chores assigned to the scullery maid.

Aiveron had chosen a fairly short book, so upon it's conclusion, he rowed them to the shore. "That was very nice. Thank you for reading it." He said, as he put the the oars away. "Come, my lady. I'm fairly certain you are in need of refreshments." He said as he stepped out to stabilize the boat with one hand and offered her the other to assist her out.
Aisling accepted his help to get out of the boat.She smiled at him and nodded "Yes, I am." She said softly as she walked back to their blanket with him

Aisling accepted his help to get out of the boat.She smiled at him and nodded "Yes, I am." She said softly as she walked back to their blanket with him

Aiveron looked to the tree that offered it's shadow as shade for them. The thought aloud randomly, "Do you ever wonder, if trees could talk, what wisdom would they depart to us? I mean, they're silent witnesses to the travesties of this world. Surely all living things have an opinion." He chuckled softly at his absurd thought.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom