GaNewChick

Songster
10 Years
Mar 12, 2009
McDonough, Ga.
clap.gif

Snow.jpg

Poor oranges ...

I'm in western West Palm Beach. It's about 40*F, grey & rainy. We're heading out to help set up the poultry tent at our county Fair which begins next Fri, not looking forward to hauling & spreading damp mulch & sand on the floor. Last night the weatherman was saying that the dampness would probably leave our area before the freezing temps move in, so we may not get the flurries predicted. Although there may be a few isolated pockets where the climate will be just right for genuine snow.

I know some folks who intend to drive north far enough to see some Florida snow. I was considering doing just that but don't want to be on the road with a bunch of folks who don't know how to drive well to begin with, let alone know how to drive safely in ice & snow.

I was in Miami in 1977 when we had our last "snow".

I live in the long skinny county that is touching GA right in the middle, Columbia Co. I think their map maybe off. I haven't seen a single flake! It's freezing out, but we didn't even have ice on the cars this morning.

This weather is from El Nino. But global warming will in turn cause a global cooling. When the ice caps melt they dilute the salinity of the ocean and the ocean temps drop which will interrupt the gulf stream and the flow of warm water N, and in turn cause cooler temps and possibly another ice age.... So yes global warming can cause cold weather....

Back
Top Bottom