It's snowing in Florida ~

I think its great!!! I hope it moves south, where I live!
thumbsup.gif
The last time it snowed here, wason January 19, 1977, on MY birthday!!!
wee.gif
Now mind you, I had never seen snow before that! Best birthday present, ever!!

Quote:
Actually, possibly, due to the solar minimum... I read a scientific article about it the other day, but of course today I can't find the link to share.
barnie.gif

Quote:
Oh! Please do!!!
You should google what Fairbanks does every year to "honor" him. They build an ice sculpture of him, and this year, they have exhaust being piped out of his mouth, LOL!
Its so silly! This was the weather that we had 20 odd years ago. The weather cycles in 21 year patterns.

Oh, and you should see the newspaper clippings from the turn of the 1900s. Our illustrious powers that be, plagorized (sp?) the articles about the earth warming up.
Much of it word for word!
I'll try and find the link....

I am not remotely a climate change scientist but the way I understand it, it's the *ocean* temps that are rising in regards to global warming...not the weather temps in general.

And the idea is it's causing more extremes in temperature and weather is doing strange things we're not used to. An increase in extreme weather events (tornadoes, hurricanes, drought) In this case, places experiencing extreme cold fronts.

I know Phoenix is getting hotter every year, but I'm pretty sure that has much more to do with an ever-increasing surface area of hardscape (cement, roads, buildings) that cool off much more slowly than the surrounding desert.

We have a major urban heat island here. It's one of the reasons the surrounding suburbs get big thunderstorms but Tempe only got 3.5 inches of rain last year (and I bet my house got less than that).

Quote:
LMAO. No....FL is the only place I will NEVER live. I hate oceans...you walk out of them feeling dirtier than you walked into them. Then there's the stupid crab that runs after you and chases you into the shark-infested water, so you have to beat the thing to death to make sure it won't chase you anymore. Stupid crab....

Quote:
Oh but a beautiful beach, with a beautiful sunset, beautiful sunrise, breeze blowing, waves crashing, children's laughter, couples holding hands walking, dogs having a blast, distance ships in the night, sailboats moving in the wind, etc.
love.gif

Last edited:
Not on Coco Beach. There was trash everywhere, it smelled SOOO gross. You know the smell of rotting socks? There ya go.

I will stay nice and happy with lakes and ponds to swim in!

Back
Top Bottom