Ive had enough of that school!

Now day 5 of the holiday and one of the teachers went to the hens all they sid was put a plank of wood over the pop hole, didn't cre to fill the water bowl up or feed anything!

Why haven't you called the SPCA or police yet??????
idunno.gif

Because all my family say not to and we don't have a SPCA and also I'm quite enjoying looking after them

if you are concerned, then call. If not, go over to the school and offer your services with taking care of the birds "after hours" and on holidays.

Since you will take care of them anyway and are not interested in reporting it to anyone then you should go over and do a full clean and properly care for them.

Your actions make you part of it by your enabling,and you are now also respnsible for the outcome of these animals not just the school.Don't wait till you see them suffering and sitting in poop to do something.Make their care a daily chore.

If you get tired of caring for them then report the school to someone, or just ignore them and let happen what will in cases of neglect and abuse.

Last edited:
I wish you would call and report them. You have to have a local animal shelter that could help you with this. Try calling a nearby veterinarian, even, as they should be able to point you in the right direction.

These hens are being abused while you aren't there to take care of them. They're not in a safe environment. If, for any reason, you are unable to look after them they'll go right back to suffering from thirst and hunger. I know it can be tough to make waves when you're a teenager, but I think it's important that you get this into the hands of adults who can take real action.

As someone mentioned earlier, you might even be getting yourself into trouble by feeding them/going into the run.

It's very good of you to look after them- I'm sure you're a welcome sight to those hens! But at the same time I feel that's only a temporary solution.

we dont have a local shelter and the other rescue a while away will not do it for animals in out area :/

Heyyy, yous know how i was taking the eggs as my "reward" well anyways, a hen went broody so i put one of those eggs under her and it hatched!!, its 5 week old now!

The nearby school keeps chickens? Is this a public school? What purpose do these chickens serve for the school? If I were you, I would take full care of these chickens until animal control takes over. I would feed and water them and clean their cage. I know it would be a lot of work, but it's better then letting them suffer.

Back
Top Bottom