Ivermectin for DOGS for Heartworms?

Quote:
Its a 3ml syringe...
Thanks so much for the info!!!!!!!
hugs.gif

ETA: I'm glad i have the 3 ML syringe... i dont understand the 1ml one... ugh...
th.gif

*in case you couldnt tell....i flunked math..*
barnie.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Okay thanks! ... wheres the .50 on the syringe..
The first line i see is: 0.5.. is that it??
*yes, i'm a dummy.. sigh*

Last edited:
you're not a dummy, once you get the hang of what the numbers on a syringe mean you will be fine. I flunked math too, rulers confuse me...ahahahaha and I have no clue how to work a calculator...lol...I can do basic math, but try to explain what x on a triangle is...its a TRIANGLE where the heck do they get an X from!!!!

to answer your ?? yes... the .5 is the half way mark or (.50)

Quote:
Thank you.
smile.png
Yeah.. i have always had a "mental block" about math... always... except accounting, i actually loved that class because its a differnt kind of "math" to me..... go figure.. ...
roll.png

Okay.. i'm going to buy some of this stuff this week and give it a try.
fl.gif

DO NOT GIVE TO ANY HERDING BREED! Will cause seizures! Even in low dose,over a period of time, will build up and cause a reaction! Watch the over the counter meds for heartworm, if it is Iver do not give, even if it has a Border Collie on the package, my friend learned the hardway even after I told her not to with her Cattledog.

There are untold numbers of living German Shepherds that have been on either Heartguard or Ivermectin since they were pups. It is collie type dogs that have no tolerance for the drug. If my vet prescribes it, I know it's safe. If my German Shepherd was going to have seizures or die, she's waited 5 years to do so.​

Last edited:
The owner of my feed store breeds very expensive German Shepherds and he always uses Ivermectin. Just do research on this subject to get more info.

Quote:
I actually use ivermectin pour on orally for the goats. Ask your vet for his opinion when it comes to dogs.

It just absorbs better per os, so I use it that way when I worm the goats or anything else.

Reviving this thread because I didn't find an answer to : "what about the pour on?"

I use the oil base Ivermectin for my Silkies.....4 gtts on the skin between the shoulders every 6 weeks.

What dose would I use for my Boston Terriers?

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom