Jan./Feb. 2014 hatch a long

What a wonderful way to start the day...................looking at chickie pictures.................

Nothing going on here...........DH is ill and I have had double duty just keeping up with daily chores..................
I forget how much help he really is...................until I have to do it all myself.

Weather is getting better here so the chickens have been able to get out.
Maybe they will repay me by getting back to laying well.

Slikie Sensation, Read your last post and now have a bug to try hatching call ducks.....................
droolin.gif

They sound about the same size as my Seramas.............
Have a fun day everyone..............
jumpy.gif

What a wonderful way to start the day...................looking at chickie pictures.................

Nothing going on here...........DH is ill and I have had double duty just keeping up with daily chores..................
I forget how much help he really is...................until I have to do it all myself.

Weather is getting better here so the chickens have been able to get out.
Maybe they will repay me by getting back to laying well.

Slikie Sensation, Read your last post and now have a bug to try hatching call ducks.....................:drool
They sound about the same size as my Seramas.............
Have a fun day everyone..............:jumpy

Just a little heavier but not as tall. Short, round & loud...lol My little tri-color Trinity lets us know any time anyone comes near the pen.

went in the check humidity on the bators...ducks ready for lock down needed to remove egg turner!
smile.png

look what I found with it's little neck pinched between 2 of the racks of the turner!
sickbyc.gif

aww. I love me some baby ducks. Just can't have them here. :(

Can anyone help me with these candling photos? Today is day seven. I think none of them were fertile, but I haven't broken open any yet. Just in case :hit

Last edited:
Lock down today!!!! Had a mild hiccup with temp spike/ too low humidity but I think it's going good now. Saw a few of them rocking around right away!!! Pulled one so 23 left! I had a hard time with seeing movement when I candled this morning so I hope they are all still doing well. I only had a couple that were iffy when I candled 2 days ago sooo
fl.gif
Can't wait to hear some peeps!!!

I had one chick hatch last week
-
then I added these 7chicks, BCM, isbar, delaware, white maran, and a silky.

now I have another chick 1/2 out today it looks like the first one.

Lock down today!!!! Had a mild hiccup with temp spike/ too low humidity but I think it's going good now. Saw a few of them rocking around right away!!! Pulled one so 23 left! I had a hard time with seeing movement when I candled this morning so I hope they are all still doing well. I only had a couple that were iffy when I candled 2 days ago sooo
fl.gif
Can't wait to hear some peeps!!!
I'm holding off lockdown until tonight instead of this morning like I planned...Candled the eggs and some look ready but need to lose a touch more on the air cell, I forgot that we had lost power that one day and temps ran on the lower side, so thinking one day behind... Not to worried that I couldn't see much if any movement because those little buggers have filled the shells very well... I know I can wait until I have an internal pip but got a full day tomorrow away from the house so lockdown will start at 9 pm my time tonight.. (as late as I can to make sure humidity is stable before going to bed)

Removed an obvious quitter (day 10 or 11) that I must have missed... 25 left

so excited for you both!!
wee.gif

We brought our 10 chicks in to feed and water them. The mama still has 7 egg that I didn't put under her to hatch and she has settled right down on them. Our Little Harry is chick sitting for us and is fascinated by the little chicks. I had to take picture of him. Told him that was about how big he was when he was born.

Kathryn
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom