Janoel 12 incubator help!!

That is we I was telling her she said they have heat in there she still needs the towels over and under I have one also it is needed for constant temp

Oh okay! I have one too, but it's in my dining room ;-) I was just worried about it overheating if you have that vent hole in the top covered up. And my basement is finished, it's 1500 sq feet down there and only one vent...but it's entirely underground so the temperature down there stays a pretty consistent 70 degrees year round, with the exception of January-February where it can dip down to about 65 degrees when the outside temp stays in the teens for days at a time.

Did you have time to read those articles @Pyxis made on hatching I sent you? They really are the place to start. Read those before you start. And I believe she was having trouble with temperature swings upstairs so she took it in the basement correct?

i just got the same one....played with it a little today as my eggs are due to arrive wednesday. if you press the set button and use +/- buttons to scroll through it will give you the menu for settings. I am planning to look up more info but was able to set humidity in that menu. I also purchased a separate hygrometer unit to give me temp readings in F and actual humidity during incubation to double check accuracy of the unit. Are you joining in on the hatch-a-long?
ok i was a bit wrong on my initial setup.....this unit only allows for setting/adjusting high and low temp and will allow temp calibration.....we are checking temp accuracy now with hubby’s meat thermometer. according to you tube videos, you can maintain 50% humidity by adding 1/4c water every 2 days and higher humidity at lockdown by adding 1/3c water every 2 days. my separate hygrometer is due to arrive tomorrow so I can complete setup and check everything before setting eggs on Thursday. I will update on readings wednesday evening!

I’ve had pretty good success with my Janoel incubators.

I purchased two to incubate eggs in my son and daughters classroom. We had an amazing success rate. I think every viable egg hatched and survived. I culled the non growing eggs.

I’ve used them since, and I tend to not be as careful as I was the first time...lol. I let it run out of water, ugh. I forgot to line up the bar for it to turn the eggs...sigh. Stupid human error stuff.

The temp on mine seems accurate, I just wish it were in Fahrenheit

Don’t forget to remove the turning tray and platform at lockdown. When you move the eggs to the new lower platform make sure you don’t change their position. I made a mark with a sharpie on the outside for the correct waterline.

Good luck and have fun! Please share your success!

Back
Top Bottom