janoel 48 egg incubator automatic turner humidity?

I am not sure where you live but i found for myself living in michigan i do not need to add any water to my imcubator at all. The ambient humidity is enough all on its own, even if i keep my incubator at 25-40% humidity i get all wet chicks drowning in their shells. So i know keep my incubator at 37.5C and add no water...on day 18 they go into the hatcher with 50-60% humidity. That is what has worked for me, you will have to find what works for you. There is no right anf wrong way to incubate, it all depends very much on where you live. So if you have problems just come back to the forums here and ask fro some advice..it took 4 hatches for me to figure out what i was doing wrong.
welcome-byc.gif
How are you measuring the humidity? I have up to 25% difference in gauges. Last 2 hatches of about a dozen eggs, I had 2 or 3 to hatch normally and the rest close to fully formed dead in the shell with lots of slime around them. Assumed they drowned. Have a batch not going and keeping the humidity really low. Weight loss after 14 days is 13-14%, seems sort of high according to the threads. Using a hatcher that I will keep the humidity about 70%. Will see what happens. Not sure what the autopsy of too low a humidity looks like???

I have a knock off. But it kept temps very steady, humidy too. I used a separate thermometer Hygrometer with probe as the readings on the unit itself were off, so I set it completey by what my Accu-check told me the temps and humidity were.

I still had trouble with my hatch, Had to assist several chicks (who all survived) and Had several dead in shell with no internal pip.

Thinking I possibly had humidity too high for first 18 days. I am in Michigan maybe I should try no water for first 18 days?

What bothers me is If it holds a steady (and correct) temp, the turner works and the humidity is correct it should work as well as any other incubator...knock off or not.... but I had better hatch rate with a cooler, a computer fan, a light bulb, a horrible water heater thermostat that kept spiking to 104 and hand turning....just doesn't make sense.

How are you measuring the humidity? I have up to 25% difference in gauges. Last 2 hatches of about a dozen eggs, I had 2 or 3 to hatch normally and the rest close to fully formed dead in the shell with lots of slime around them. Assumed they drowned. Have a batch not going and keeping the humidity really low. Weight loss after 14 days is 13-14%, seems sort of high according to the threads. Using a hatcher that I will keep the humidity about 70%. Will see what happens. Not sure what the autopsy of too low a humidity looks like???
With a Hygrometer....That was the exact same problem i had, one maybe two would hatch if i helped and the rest all died in shell with thick slime or watery junk all around them. i stopped adding water at all until day 18 and i got a 10/14 hatch without any assistance...would have been 11/14 but the other chicks pecked one pipping egg to death, another chick pipped into a vein and bled to death after external pip and the other two eggs did internal pip and no drowning just weren't strong enough to hatch. They were very thick shells! i was concerned about the weight loss as well and the air cells looked huge to me but it seems to be perfectly fine. As i said in my other post there are no hard and fast guidelines, chicks can survive a lot of mistakes by the human broodies. To low humidity would be no internal pip, very dry hard air cells and the chick completely compressed into the bottom of the egg....basically it looks like the chick was vacuum sealed. If the chick look vacuum sealed and the yolk is obsorbed, the most likley cause of death is humidity to low or temp spike. In my chicks i have found that if they really are shrink wrapped they will not internally pip, but that may not be the norm.

I have a knock off. But it kept temps very steady, humidy too. I used a separate thermometer Hygrometer with probe as the readings on the unit itself were off, so I set it completey by what my Accu-check told me the temps and humidity were.

I still had trouble with my hatch, Had to assist several chicks (who all survived) and Had several dead in shell with no internal pip.

Thinking I possibly had humidity too high for first 18 days. I am in Michigan maybe I should try no water for first 18 days?

What bothers me is If it holds a steady (and correct) temp, the turner works and the humidity is correct it should work as well as any other incubator...knock off or not.... but I had better hatch rate with a cooler, a computer fan, a light bulb, a horrible water heater thermostat that kept spiking to 104 and hand turning....just doesn't make sense.
If there was slimy/watery stuff in the egg its to high humidity....the only thing that should be in the shell at day 20+ is the chick and possibly his yoke...any other liquid/wet/gooey stuff mean your humidity is to high or your temps are to low. Make sure you move your thermometer all around your incubator checking for cold/hot spots...the notorious things with the knock offs are:
Turner breaks
Turner motor breaks
Heating uneven
Gauges wrong
Air circulation poor

i also keep my incubator set at 37.5C and my hatcher at 37C

hello, how can i lower the humidity in my bator? mine is around 60% without water.
Hello sorry i have been a bit busy. Do you live in a very humid place? Where are you keeping your incubator?

You can try moving the incubator or putting a dehumidifier in the room with the incubator....the best method i have found is to lower the temperature in the room with the incubator. A lower ambient temperature will cause lower humidity in the room which will cause lower humidity in your incubator. We keep our house about 50-65 degrees this time of year and it keeps the humidity in check.....we are between 10-25% humidity in the incubator.

it is is made like the hhd model there is 8 screws that you take out to drop the panel off then there will be a round black sound speaker on there just pull up with a scred driver but make sure it is unplugged

Back
Top Bottom