Janoel

Ahh thats rubbish! But you've waited long enough so im sure one more day won't make much difference and thank you i will go out to the brooder and get some pictures of all of them!
jumpy.gif

Very cute fluffers, backyardjack! Did you say what breeds they are, I forget.

I cannot wait to do my first hatch, I get my 1st incubator later this week. Maybe will set some 'test eggs' on my bday, the 29th, eeeee!

fl.gif
MisfitMarie & ChickenLady2014!

3 that hatched are rhode island reds and the other 2 are a from a Copper Black Maran cockerel running with 2 Bluebells, 2 Black Sussex, 2 Speckledys, 2 Gold Brahma, 2 Exchequer Leghorn, 2 Black Rock and 2 Salmon Faverolles. Do you know who the mum might be to the chick that looks like a chipmunk?
big_smile.png

idunno.gif
I have zero real knowledge here, so take it with a grain of salt, but I remember when my EE was a chick she had that chipmunk look to her, and since SF's have the cheeks, my guess--purely a guess--is Salmon Faverolle.

I am new to all of this too, but Salmon Faverolle would be my guess as well!

Your chicks are SO adorable!

As I sat down in front of my computer... I HEARD A PEEP!

Yes, we have an external pip in on the Lavender Hamburg bantams!

The egg is the tiniest I have ever seen in person... the chick is going to be even smaller!

I VERY quickly pulled one of the Ameraucana eggs and tapped on it.......and it tapped back!

So, I guess my hatching party is finally get started... Whew!

Last edited:
Put 4 eggs in lockdown tonight, no internal pips visible before they went in. Eggs looked great so I'm crossing my fingers. Tomorrow is day 18 for another batch. Have incubators on standby. Wishing everyone else that is going or went into lockdown the very best.

The first blue Ameraucana has PIPPED.......FINALLY! Three days late, and the eggs are peeping up a storm! GEE WHIZ!

ChickenLady - How's are your eggs doing?

Dorper - ARE YOU READY FOR LOCKDOWN???

BackYardJack - Enjoying your fuzz-butts? Are they jumping and pecking each other?

The first blue Ameraucana has PIPPED.......FINALLY! Three days late, and the eggs are peeping up a storm! GEE WHIZ!

ChickenLady - How's are your eggs doing?

Dorper - ARE YOU READY FOR LOCKDOWN???

BackYardJack - Enjoying your fuzz-butts? Are they jumping and pecking each other?

Hi MisfitMarie, so eggcited to hear that they are starting to pip & lots of cheeps. Nothing on this front yet, 9 are in lockdown, none had internal pips when I put them in lockdown. All eggs had moving chicks when I set them in lockdown. I just think my hatch might be later than I expected. Had some troubles with temp this hatch, keeping my fingers crossed that all will end well.

Hi MisfitMarie, so eggcited to hear that they are starting to pip & lots of cheeps. Nothing on this front yet, 9 are in lockdown, none had internal pips when I put them in lockdown. All eggs had moving chicks when I set them in lockdown. I just think my hatch might be later than I expected. Had some troubles with temp this hatch, keeping my fingers crossed that all will end well.

Moving chicks are always a great sign! No worries, it sounds like you have a few days. Mine were over three days late due to temperature problems. It certainly happens sometimes. Keeping my fingers crossed for you, but I'm sure you'll end up with plenty of fuzzies! Keep us updated!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom