• No, this would not work for me.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It doesn't matter to me.

• I don't normally participate anyways.

• Total voters
The green ones are so....GREEN! :drool
I've started to collect my eggs. only getting 5 a day now (moody girls i guess :idunno )
i think i'm going to ship on thursday to try and beat the "no post on sundays" rule. any objections? 

That should work. Contrary to popular belief, mail moves on Sundays, just doesn't get delivered on Sundays. I've had packages delivered the fastest when I ship on Saturdays. The trick, though, is you need to pay on line, otherwise the package doesn't leave the PO until Monday (as stated by my post master)

Hey! 9Catz! Yiiiipeeeee! You got me!! Send me anything you want, I'm not picky!
wink.png

I'm glad that you're not picky because I thought you were wanting pure bred eggs. My only pures are black splash blue wyandotte bantams.... 4 hens and 1 roo and one of them gets out at least twice a week and mixes with my NN showgirl wannabes and I've been getting some really wierd-but-cute NN and non-NN babies out of their eggs.

I call these two The Twins. They're with a group of 30 that hatched out together, but these two seem to know they're real brothers. I believe both are roos. They're a result of my wyandotte hen and one of my 2 NN showgirl wannabes.

This is a non-NN offspring of my wayward wyandotte x NN showgirl wannabes.

This frizzle was quite a surprise. I had no idea that gene was floating around in my flock. I don't have any adult frizzles. It's cool because it's top hat is black. It's from one of my showgirl wannabes x silkie. She hangs out with The Twins a lot.

The Ostrich, as named by someone from the NYD hatch thread.

I have silkies too....mostly all black, but a few buff and white ones sometimes.

For reference, here's my NN showgirl wannabes.

Black splash blue wyandotte adults.

One thing for sure...ya'll will get bantams. I don't have a LF rooster and I won't send any LF eggs because, so far, none have been fertile.....and it's not for trying because my little roos go at the big girls.

Last edited:
That should work. Contrary to popular belief, mail moves on Sundays, just doesn't get delivered on Sundays. I've had packages delivered the fastest when I ship on Saturdays. The trick, though, is you need to pay on line, otherwise the package doesn't leave the PO until Monday (as stated by my post master)

Jim, that doesn't make sense. If mail is at your PO prior to the truck collecting the final dispatch, it goes. They do not hold mail at the post office. It may need to be picked up by your carrier if the post office is closed on Saturday (like a lot around my area). You are correct about the mail moving on Sunday. I'm planning on sending my swap eggs out on Friday.

I so want eggs from you! I love the frizzle thing, although it probably wouldn't fare well in the winters up here.

And yes, my eggs are green because I have a very rigorous breeding program in which I allow anyone to mate with anyone else. Many of my EEs mixed with roos that had the brown egg gene (regular, not dark brown), making the greens slightly darker in the offspring. I like it. Hopefully this swap I'll end up with a few true olive eggers to add (but I'm highly non-discriminatory towards poultry, I love them all!).

Right now I only have 1 roo, a black EE, so while my recipients should get a nice variety of colored layers from these crosses, they certainly won't look like the above eggs.

Last edited:
Jim, that doesn't make sense.  If mail is at your PO prior to the truck collecting the final dispatch, it goes.  They do not hold mail at the post office.  It may need to be picked up by your carrier if the post office is closed on Saturday (like a lot around my area). You are correct about the mail moving on Sunday.  I'm planning on sending my swap eggs out on Friday.  

Here our post offices are closed on Saturdays. We also have rural routes allowing us to leave money in our mail box for stamps or attached to envelopes/packages for postage. I was told by both post offices that I use that they cannot turn their computers on to process the shipping. Just what I was told.

I'm planning on shipping tomorrow since with a high of 7 it's unlikely I'll get any more good eggs before the weekend
roll.png
I collected a lot of nice ones yesterday and should get more today. The Iowa Blues have the heat mat, so they should be OK regardless. I've got 30 Iowa Blues in the incubator I set last Saturday and the few I checked last night show the beginnings of good development
thumbsup.gif

Candled the eggs as I turned them this morning. Of the 5, three are definitely developing. The other 2 appear to have blood rings. The pure is one of the ones with a blood ring. I am really happy though that the three are developing! I will leave the other two in there for now to confirm my suspicions somewhere in the next week.

Back
Top Bottom