wava1vaughn
EagleTheHenpecked x 2
MSH
pbjmaker
LeasureChix X 2
mrheinz77 x whatever I need to do, but probably 2

Am I missing anybody so far?

Last edited:
I've never participated in a swap before. I did read the rules but am a little confused. Is it totally anonymous? Do you get to know the breed when your eggs arrive? If someone says X2 or X3, does that mean they have a lot of eggs to send/swap and want eggs from 2-3 different shippers?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Julie

X2 means they want to swap two sets of eggs, so they send two and get two. Sometimes the eggs are marked, and sometimes it is a secret swap. Great fun! Deb

Quote:
It can be anoinymous but this time the swapper sends the DC# to me and the person getting the eggs. I figured since it is my first time hosting the swap that would be best.

Some people want to know what they got while others like to be surprised. We have done mystery swaps where the person getting the eggs were only told how long to incubate them. Its NOT like that this time. If you want to know what you got, ask the sender.

You are able to send and receive up to three sets of eggs this month. So, like shellyga has a X 3 after her name, this means she is sending 3 sets of at least 6 eggs and she will also receive 3 sets of at least 6 eggs. Some people can only send 6 eggs. That is fine. A lot of times extras are sent because of the lower hatch rate with shipped eggd. For example, I try to send at least 7 but have sent up to 12.

I hope this helps.
Jim

Quote:
It can be anoinymous but this time the swapper sends the DC# to me and the person getting the eggs. I figured since it is my first time hosting the swap that would be best.

Some people want to know what they got while others like to be surprised. We have done mystery swaps where the person getting the eggs were only told how long to incubate them. Its NOT like that this time. If you want to know what you got, ask the sender.

You are able to send and receive up to three sets of eggs this month. So, like shellyga has a X 3 after her name, this means she is sending 3 sets of at least 6 eggs and she will also receive 3 sets of at least 6 eggs. Some people can only send 6 eggs. That is fine. A lot of times extras are sent because of the lower hatch rate with shipped eggd. For example, I try to send at least 7 but have sent up to 12.

I hope this helps.
Jim

Thank you Jim & Deb, that explains it. Too much fun! DC#?

Quick clarification. we'll get our DC# when we ship them out correct? and them P.M. it to you and the reciever. do i have that right? my grandmother does this sort of thing all the time so i guess she'll be able to help me. but you want the DC# sent to you right?

Yup. You purchase a DC# then send the DC # to me and the recipient of your eggs. If you pay for the postage online you get a DC# free and a discount on postage. Otherwise ask the PO clerk for a DC #. That way it costs 70 cents, I think.

Back
Top Bottom