JANUARY HATCH-A-LONG come join in

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in with my first hatch ever in our homemade bator and eggs from Sonew (BYC) I have 4 Olive Eggers, 8 blue/green EE's and 4 Lavender split silkie eggs. Shipping was hard on my eggs thought Sonew packed them awesomely, and I have 12 of 16 with detached aircells. but they are all in. they went in on the night of the 5th, with the injured eggs not being turned until tomorrow to try and let the aircells stabilize and reattach. 6th was the first day counting, hatch due 26th. So far, the homemade bator has worked like a charm. It's an old truck/car travel cooler with a glass door so we can see everything. Oh yeah, and I'm using cartons during the entire time d/t the unstable air cells.

Good luck to everyone and I can't wait to follow this thread.

Love the baby pics, Kezabel!

I just put some in this evening. I went to help a friend with a sick goat today and she gave me some eggs in return...so I've got 21 plymouth rocks in the incubator. The parent birds were a mix of barred and white. There were two dozen eggs, but three were damaged so those became yummy dinner for the cats instead.

The funny thing is, they will be due to hatch on the same day that I have the first set of baby goats of the year due to be born. It's going to be a busy day if they all choose their due date!

I'm back for more too! This will be my second hatch and first with shipped eggs. I am warming the bator now. I went nuts on ebay over the weekend and ordered from 6 different people. Lord bless my hubby for being so patient with me!!! I will be hatching silkies, marans(wheaten, golden, black), pekin ducks, quail, and blue/splash rocks. So far, the ducks, silkies, and quail have made it here. I hope I hope I hope the others make it here tommorrow. I will be start loading the bator tomorrow after work, and the rest will be staggered. I must have lost it!!!

Quote:
lol
lol.png

I just got 14 MF cochin eggs in the mail today from wwmicasa1, will be set tomorrow and some serama, spitzhoben and depends what i find tomorrow d'Uccle or booted

I have 6 FBCM that I put in on the 3rd so I am with you also. I also bought two FBCM chicks to go with my baby that hatched New Years Day. Wouldn't stop screaming it fool head off!
barnie.gif
Now it is so quiet I have to check the brooder on a very regular basis to make sure all is well!

good luck everyone mine are in lock down 30 eggs that is all mutt eggs possibly some pure jersey giants tho lol anyways they are due saturday so we will see what i get

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom