Jap. Mottled Pair Confirmation Please?

cranzenbach

In the Brooder
Aug 16, 2015
Forest Ranch, CA
Okay so I got the bantam mix, and they are 1 day short of a month old now so I thought I'd post some more pics, and we might be able to find out how many pullets/cockerels we've got!

Alright so firstly I'm pretty sure we got one pair of japanese mottled bantams
Male:

Isn't he just adorable? He looks so perfect and he's so low to ground he looks like he's dragging all the time anyway. Alright and here, hopefully is his lady:

She is very friendly ^_^

Hmm wish i had a picture on here of my BTWhite.

I would say pair as well. Except, I had two. I was sure they were a pair until one day I spotted those dreadful saddles. The one I knew was male I sold and I hung onto the brother. So just watch the combs. The smaller one of mine was pale for the longest while.

I found they are similar to Cochins in this way.

Hmm wish i had a picture on here of my BTWhite.

I would say pair as well. Except, I had two. I was sure they were a pair until one day I spotted those dreadful saddles. The one I knew was male I sold and I hung onto the brother. So just watch the combs. The smaller one of mine was pale for the longest while.

I found they are similar to Cochins in this way.

Thanks for the warning. I am worried i got a ton of males. Sometimes you have late bloomers who don't show as male, but does it ever work in reverse? Like a pullet with a pink comb, that just grew out early?

Back
Top Bottom