Japanese Bantam Thread!

Pics

Chickenrandomness

12 Years
Sep 13, 2009
Stanley, North Dakota
Jap Thread!
tongue.png

jenjscott- good post! important to know about the lethal gene with this breed.

here are some photos of my btw japanese, you can see how long their legs are compared to the pics of my grey japanese (whose wings drag on the ground and you can hardly see their feet).

057.jpg

chickensdec09082.jpg

Please people, lets stick to topic here on Japanese Bantams. The word "Jap" is referring to the chicken and is no way a derogatory word toward a group of people. This is not a thread on being politically correct here, it is simply about a breed of chicken.

Carry on and thank you for your cooperation.

-BYC Staff

Something happened with my new chicks that may help someone else. When the chicks were three days old I noticed one staying off to the side, eyes partially closed and not moving much. The other seven chicks were running around eating and drinking. I've seen this before. After dipping the sick chick's beak in water several times the chick started to drink on its own; for a long time-then eating a bit and returning to the water dish again and again. It wasn't long before I could not tell which chick had been ill. It pays to make sure that chicks have learned to drink. All eight chicks are doing well; mom and chicks are now back with the flock and off the dining room table.

i love japanese
big_smile.png
i currently have grey japanese (who i think are pretty nice) and black tailed white japanese (long legged, so not sq). I have a few photos on photobucket ill put up, not the best pics, but you get the idea!

this is my breeding trio
chicken030.jpg

chicken032.jpg

chicks from my breeding trio:
Cockerals
chickensdec09020.jpg

chickensdec09024.jpg

pullet
026-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom