chickenlover22345's bantam breed thread

IMG_20231110_125739734_HDR.jpg
IMG_20231110_125825712_HDR.jpg
IMG_20231110_124736139.jpg
This thread is about different breeds of bantams, including the Sebright, Pekin Bantam, Barbu d'Anvers and Barbu d'Uccle. Anyone is welcome to talk about bantams and their breeds, and your experience on owning them.
Hello, my lil Red is a bantam I'm guessing. Got her and rooster Motzie from same lady at a yard sale last summer. They were a month older then my other pullets. She is 7 months old now. She was close in size to the roo untill about 4-5 months old. He and my other pullets outgrew her by a good 2-3 times. So I'm guessing she is a bantam mix. Not able to Google lens her or specifically her comb with anything that looks remotely like it. Love her lil pain in the hiney self (she's top pullet believe it or not) but curious about her comb. Not been able find one online that looks like it. Any ideas out there?

Hello, my lil Red is a bantam I'm guessing. Got her and rooster Motzie from same lady at a yard sale last summer. They were a month older then my other pullets. She is 7 months old now. She was close in size to the roo untill about 4-5 months old. He and my other pullets outgrew her by a good 2-3 times. So I'm guessing she is a bantam mix. Not able to Google lens her or specifically her comb with anything that looks remotely like it. Love her lil pain in the hiney self (she's top pullet believe it or not) but curious about her comb. Not been able find one online that looks like it. Any ideas out there?
My guess would be rosecomb mixed with something else.

Banties are my favorite chickens anymore. I have Old English Game - crele, spangled and Isabel. My very favorites are my Olandsk Dwarfs.

I mostly stick to breeding them pure, but I've just started trying to cross dwarfs and yokohama red shoulder. I'd love to get the body lines and long feathers of the yokos on a dwarf marked bantam bird.

Back
Top Bottom