Java Thread

Pics
See if this is a good shot of the newest babies that just hatched............

OK soaring..check out chick with light face, back right...............

Same chick, center far back..............as a friend of mine says: "kewl"
cool.png

The all white dudes in there are Beltsville Small White Poults.

Are you naming that one spot?
big_smile.png

have you checked out this website http://www.showbirdbid.com/links/ it might lead you to the right place

I am in lockdown with 25 eggs in my brinsea eco 20 (why don't they call it eco 24 or 25?) lol.

I gathered 8 Black Java eggs to hatch, and 7 were looking awesome at lockdown candling (the eighth was infertile). In fact, one of them may have twins. Every time I candled, I noted two dark areas of movement. I have never had twins and we will see if my suspicions on this one are correct! Exciting....

I lead a religious education program and will be taking my incubator to church on Sunday (day 21) to explore the mystery and wonder of nature and biology. I can't wait.

Last edited:
That sounds like a fun day best wishes for a great hatch. Hope you share some pictures.
I to have some black java eggs set along with my auburn Javas .
I can wait for the new ones to hatch!

I am in lockdown with 25 eggs in my brinsea eco 20 (why don't they call it eco 24 or 25?) lol.

I gathered 8 Black Java eggs to hatch, and 7 were looking awesome at lockdown candling (the eighth was infertile). In fact, one of them may have twins. Every time I candled, I noted two dark areas of movement. I have never had twins and we will see if my suspicions on this one are correct! Exciting....

I lead a religious education program and will be taking my incubator to church on Sunday (day 21) to explore the mystery and wonder of nature and biology. I can't wait.

Oh yay! Sounds like fun at hatching time keep us posted I would love to see if you got twins and how they do.

I have done hatchings at a local Montessori school and there is NOTHING like sharing the joy of the incubation/hatching process! :)

I don't know about hatching in the class rooms but I have had two local teachers contact me for hatching eggs for their elementry classes an I have offered to donate them to the schools. they are extatic. no lava eggs yet though. My Javas are only a couple weeks far from laying
tongue.png

That's just way cool haTHOR...I'm betting some of those folks will never forget the hatching. I wish you were closer to me here. I could use some different genes for the flock. I'll be setting another dozen black java eggs from a breeder by Green Bay here in Wi, in my brinsea advance 20, along with some of my Buckeye eggs. The cheeseheads are having a foolish hatch...either set this Sunday for a aprils fools hatch OR set aprils fools day for a later hatch.... foolish, eh!

bigz

i am so lucky about that issue...chicken coach on BYC gave me my first BJs a couple years ago, and has taken some of my birds/eggs back over to his place (nice in case I lose my roo!) He and I are getting some Monte Bowen eggs later in the Summer to add some new blood. It is so neat knowing there is someone literally just down the road who is working an endangered breed like you are...peace of mind, comradeship, diversity, etc. And far from being competitive, we BOTH want the other to succeed, and just get more BJs out there into the world, for the good of the breed.

Last edited:
I remember all the way back to first grade class that we hatched chicks in. I can remember pushing my way to the front to see the eggs getting candled up to hatched. Boy was I one upset kid when we were not allowed to take the chicks home as the teacher hatched them for herself

Back
Top Bottom