Java Thread

Pics
Quote:
Disagreeing with people is ok, as long as it is done respectfully. That is how we can learn from each other, especially greenies like myself. While I do not have the best cockerels to choose from, this is where I am starting. As many veterans have said there is not perfect bird. We need the undesirable points addressed for future reference when picking stock from the next generation.

p.s. check out the youtube it is pretty cool

ussc, thanks for sharing the best poultry publication anyone can spend their hard earned money on! I have every issue from the start, all kept in binders by volume, in hopes that someday someone will want every issue?

The information within it's pages is worth every penney....Just love it to death...I've tryed to get some interested on the cheeseheads....talking to deaf ears though. Glad you enjoy a great read like me!

~ bigzio

Quote:
clap.gif
Thats Funny i have every issue from the start as well ! Actually in the June/July 2010 (you should be getting it this week i think) My cochins are on Page 50!

Yep, I already have the new issue and those are nice looking birds. I had to run and turn the pages....
wee.gif
Gotta make you feel kinda good, eh?

Me and Suzie were saying we would love some some day. I have a ton of stuff going on right now. I have some pics, I've been meaning to send them...prolly should... pretty cool for you! Congrats

~ bigzio

I have a question on the Mottle Javas and hope someone here can answer the question, I also posted it on the Yahoo group.
We are growing out some young Javas and a few of them have a solid white feather on their side, the flight feather... I think.
Is that a defect or a cull? Or should I wait and let them grown out some more? I went and looked at all of the adult birds and
none of them have it.
Thanks,
Sharon

Although I admittedly lack showing experience, it was my understanding that mottled birds can have some white flight feathers. There's a pic of a bird on feathersite like that:

http://www.feathersite.com/Poultry/CGD/Java/BRKJava.html

The idea is that some, but not all, feathers should be tipped with white.

On a separate note, my Java chicks arrived today! I have six auburns and two whites cheeping in the brooder box with a couple of Wyandotte friends.

It is my understanding that solid white feathers are a major fault. You can not really tell until they shed their baby feathers though. I have a few with white wing feathers but they have not shed their feathers yet, will cull after the molt.

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom