Jersey giant??

Shagrat

In the Brooder
Aug 27, 2015
Rushville, IL
These were hatched (by me) for a friend. Supposed to be Jersey Giants. The "breeder" who she bought the eggs from has given my friend several pieces of very wrong information. I question the striped chick to be a JG. At least not a pure one. "Breeder" told her that Blue JGs are often striped then turn blue. This doesn't sound right to me.....

welcome-byc.gif

I've not bred Giants, but I breed blue sex links. My blue chicks are always some shade of blue, no chipmunk striping. I think you got a mix-up.

I'm guessing he has a little Americauna/EE blood. The eggs were all the same size & color (medium/light brown). The other chicks all look like JGs....

These were hatched (by me) for a friend. Supposed to be Jersey Giants. The "breeder" who she bought the eggs from has given my friend several pieces of very wrong information. I question the striped chick to be a JG. At least not a pure one. "Breeder" told her that Blue JGs are often striped then turn blue. This doesn't sound right to me.....

As a longtime Jersey Giant breeder, I can confirm that they do not have stripes.

It doesn't have to be EE blood. The chipmunk coloring is present on several different breeds, it usually means the bird will be something along the lines of partridge, BBR, wild-type, etc.

Thanks, guys. I've had a terrible time trying to convince my friend that the "breeder" of these is selling birds (&eggs) as Jersey Giants that clearly aren't. Oh, well...

Back
Top Bottom