JM Hatchery

Jedwards

Songster
8 Years
Aug 5, 2014
Pennsylvania
Hi everyone,

I never ordered chicks online before and I was wondering if anyone ever ordered poultry from JM Hatchery located in Lancaster PA. I'm ordering guinea keets which are hatching and shipping the week of April 29th. They will ship on Wednesday the 29th. I'm located in the next county over so I was thinking I could expect them that same day maybe? I assumed they would ship to my local post office but on the online order form I put my address but they wouldn't come to my home right? I'm not sure how the whole shipping and pick up process works so if anyone could offer insight, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!
J

They have to put an address on the box. The post office workers usually call as soon as the box arrives in the office for you to come pick the birds up before the delivery trucks leave. My local Post Office usually calls around 8am. Back in my hometown the calls would come around 6am. Despite the fact that the hatchery is close, the box may still go further away to a sorting/distribution center before coming to your local PO (just depends on where you and the hatchery are in the distribution line), so don't panic if they still take two days.

Thanks! I ended up just driving there and picking some up today instead of waiting a month to order them
1f604.png

Back
Top Bottom