Judge my White Wyandotte bantam Rooster

ChelseysChicken

Songster
6 Years
Jun 1, 2013
North TX
Please. I'm looking for knowledge appreciate any shared. Thanks

I'm no APA judge but the tail doesn't seem full, and feathering isn't tight like I've seen on some show winners. He could be recovering from moult. The comb may be too large according to the standard. He is a handsome little guy, and I've kept white Wyandotte Bantams. I was very fond of them. I miss the rooster I had, but am occupied with LF breeds now. There used to be a breed club, Wyandotte Breeders of America, and I'm sure there would be helpful breeders with experience, who would be happy to mentor you. I searched for their website with no success.

I'm no APA judge but the tail doesn't seem full, and feathering isn't tight like I've seen on some show winners. He could be recovering from moult. The comb may be too large according to the standard. He is a handsome little guy, and I've kept white Wyandotte Bantams. I was very fond of them. I miss the rooster I had, but am occupied with LF breeds now.  There used to be a breed club, Wyandotte Breeders of America, and I'm sure there would be helpful breeders with experience, who would be happy to mentor you. I searched for their website with no success.
Thanks for feedback! He is Infact coming back from molt so maybe there's improvement to come in that area.

Please. I'm looking for knowledge appreciate any shared. Thanks
Here are my commments:

Head: Coarser comb than I would like. For the face, a little smoother appearance with more expression would be ideal. Pretty good depth. Comb should be a little smaller.

Back: Good short length.

Tail: Needs to be larger to balance with the body. He is very front heavy. Does seem to have decent structure, however.

Depth of Body: Good depth. This bird would fit into a circle very well if the tail was more filled and in proportion.

Legs: A little yellower is always better. But, these are pretty good.

Wings: Could be better. I've noticed that a lot of Wyandotte males have trouble with wing carriage. You'd want the wings to be carried horizontally and better folded. If you crossed

He's a fine male to begin breeding. If you breed him with the pullet you posted about previously, you should end up with some good birds. His short back should counterbalance her longer back, and her better wing carriage should in theory help the wing carriage of the offspring.

Head: Very expressive, round, and broad, which is good. I would shrink the comb a little and make the general face area less "coarse." Nice short, well-curved beak with good yellow color.

Breast: Excellent depth and roundness. Flows well into the neck and thigh.

Wing: Should be better tucked. Good length.

Tail: Pretty good shape. I would tighten the feathering up a little to make it less loose looking.

Back: A little short for my tastes, but in my opinion, a short back is better than a long back.

Overall color: Very good white color throughout the feathers (at least what I can see). Leg color is pretty good, too.

Back
Top Bottom