Wyandotte vs. Silkie Roo

ChasingChooks

Songster
Jan 28, 2024
Hello everyone!

I'm looking into getting a rooster - found a couple on Kijiji.

One Blue Laced Red Wyandotte and one white Silkie mix.

Any advice for either breed? Never had Silkies before, but it appears the roosters aren't aggressive at all. Thanks!

I have not had any Wyandottes but my friend and I both have owned a silkie roo from different places and they were SUPER agressive to us and the hens🤔. Thats just our experience though🤷‍♀️.

Oh, silkie rooster can be just as aggressive as any other breed can, they aren't the useless cotton balls people think.
What are your goals?
Goals - just to have a rooster around in case a hen goes broody. It would be a cool experience to hatch some chicks, and an alternative to buying birds from the hatchery. Also, I think having a rooster adds a good dynamic to the flock. I used to have a roo, but he died a year ago.

Goals - just to have a rooster around in case a hen goes broody. It would be a cool experience to hatch some chicks, and an alternative to buying birds from the hatchery. Also, I think having a rooster adds a good dynamic to the flock. I used to have a roo, but he died a year ago.
Those are very good goals👍. Maybe do more research on Wyandottes they might meet your goals better than a silkie.

Back
Top Bottom