Juice cleanse

Hey Debra!
frow.gif

Wow 4 dress sizes! I have brand new clothes that I bought like two weeks before I got pregnant 17 years ago.... I think they are paid off by now... but I want to get back into them so badly! New- I tell you, NEW! I can not bear to get rid of them and I can not bear to buy new clothes so I am in rags. (is it bear or bare? )

I have a rinkie-dinkie juicer and my husband is thinking that we will save in the long run if we invest in a good juicer.
I need to make sure that I can handle this first though.

I just got back from the farmer's market and stocked up on greens...and got a flat of strawberries- so I will start tomorrow after I have had my fill of fresh strawberries.
tongue.png

If this is do able for kuntrygirl, then I can do it too.If I don't die by day 10, I will go for 30 too! I finally read the entire thread and marked down the post numbers with all of the recipes!
big_smile.png

I think what surprises me is how little I actually eat. I will be getting more calories on this juicing diet. Then again, once the furnace is stoked, maybe it will burn better.

...gonna miss the coffee. I am going to be whining a lot about that. it isn't just the caffeine it's the entire coffee experience

Hello..  and greetings..  I've started at the beginning of thread.. reading. and I'm so excited to see this here at BYC.  I have a friend that recommended the movie to me this past summer.  I have lost 4 dress sizes  and 40 lbs. it was .. way too easy (after the first 3 days  un hugh.)

Most of it has stayed off.  and i may have put on 8 lbs from the lowest point.. but I still feel great.. and i even crave.. the green home made juice.   

I have not juiced since december.. and am just going to do another 5- 10 day fast soon..  and that is why I'm so excited to see you all here..  

I hope that there are several who have subscribed to the thread.. that will post again.. how they are doing currently..  and what results they had.. and if they used the juice.. as described in the movie or whether they used it as a suppliment to eating solid foods, or used smoothies.  

Thanks.. for letting me jump in..  I enjoy hearing your stories .. of success and  troubles.. too.
Debra 

Congrats on the loss. Isn't it so nice to lose the weight in a healthy way. :)

I did my first cleanse about a year ago and I had amazing results as you did. The holidays treated me horrible and I feel for the temptation of all of the holiday food and I felt it. So, I did another 30 day cleanse (cheated some days and ate rice) and lost 20 lbs. I completed my most recent cleanse last week and I feel GREAT!!! I'm so glad that I did it again.

Now I want the Omega Juicer to try another cleanse with more greens. :drool

After my cleanses, I usually start a vegetarian diet for about a month and I gradually add in fish for a few weeks and then turkey. And then I combine all 3 meal plans. There is an awesome place in my are Jason's Deli that has the absolute best salad bar. :drool That's what I had today. I'm stuffed and will not eat again. Will only drink water the rest of the day.

Last edited:
Hey Debra!
frow.gif
Wow 4 dress sizes! I have brand new clothes that I bought like two weeks before I got pregnant 17 years ago.... I think they are paid off by now... but I want to get back into them so badly! New- I tell you, NEW! I can not bear to get rid of them and I can not bear to buy new clothes so I am in rags. (is it bear or bare? ) I have a rinkie-dinkie juicer and my husband is thinking that we will save in the long run if we invest in a good juicer. I need to make sure that I can handle this first though. I just got back from the farmer's market and stocked up on greens...and got a flat of strawberries- so I will start tomorrow after I have had my fill of fresh strawberries.
tongue.png
If this is do able for kuntrygirl, then I can do it too.If I don't die by day 10, I will go for 30 too! I finally read the entire thread and marked down the post numbers with all of the recipes!
big_smile.png
I think what surprises me is how little I actually eat. I will be getting more calories on this juicing diet. Then again, once the furnace is stoked, maybe it will burn better. ...gonna miss the coffee. I am going to be whining a lot about that. it isn't just the caffeine it's the entire coffee experience
Trust me YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! At first I didn't think that I could but I thought about my health and that gave me the motivation and strength. Now prepare yourself for the first 3 - 4 days. You will feel like a crackhead in re-hab getting the crack (junk food, sodas, fast food, and other crap) out of your system. Just stay strong and don't cave in to your cravings. If you feel yourself about to DIE (just joking but you may feel like that but you really won't die ;) ), then you may want to eat a small piece of soft fruit. I suggest you do that instead of just stopping the cleanse and saying that you can't do it at all. Although you are not supposed to have any solid foods, it's better than throwing in the towel. After my first cleanse, I was down to a size 6 - 8 in pants. I'm top heavy (I stood in the wrong line for too long when God was creating my body) so my tops are M - L. For anyone that wants to lose 10 lbs in a week, then a 7 day cleanse is a great choice. Post when you need help or motivation. We all need a little support during times like these. :hugs Good LUCK !!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup

Last edited:
Hey Debra!
frow.gif

Wow 4 dress sizes! I have brand new clothes that I bought like two weeks before I got pregnant 17 years ago.... I think they are paid off by now... but I want to get back into them so badly! New- I tell you, NEW! I can not bear to get rid of them and I can not bear to buy new clothes so I am in rags. (is it bear or bare? )

Uhhmmm Uhhmm shh.. I think its both if you cant get into them.. tee hee..

I have a rinkie-dinkie juicer and my husband is thinking that we will save in the long run if we invest in a good juicer.
I need to make sure that I can handle this first though.
..good thinking.. No need in getting a race car when a V W will do. that's what i recommended to my friends.. spend the $ on the vegies.. and when you like the results enough.. to get the $$$ one.. then you'll know you will get the value out of it..

big_smile.png

..I'm thinking .. that would be great for me if you were to post them here .... thanks much

I think what surprises me is how little I actually eat. I will be getting more calories on this juicing diet. Then again, once the furnace is stoked, maybe it will burn better.

...gonna miss the coffee. I am going to be whining a lot about that. it isn't just the caffeine it's the entire coffee experience
..Yess I whine.. and cheated on the coffee my self.. and have forgiven.. self.. Trying harder this time..
Congrats on the loss. Isn't it so nice to lose the weight in a healthy way.
smile.png

.. yes.. have been dieting since youth.. <now 50's> and this has definatly been the best.. and even if i eat with others .. the weight has not come back on ... like it has in the past.. I'm very suprised at this..
..I think the greens are very important.. more important than the fruit. and like ?some one? said.. I too use them just enough to flavor the vegies.. My thinking - i'm probably more deficient in the minerals and enzymes in the vegies.. than in the sugars of the fruit. and I'm doing this for the Health of it .. not the taste.. or .. i can say now.. my taste has changed..
?? How about you all.. did you find your taste for what you wanted to eat changed ?
There is an awesome place in my are Jason's Deli that has the absolute best salad bar.
droolin.gif
That's what I had today. I'm stuffed and will not eat again. Will only drink water the rest of the day. ..ok .. i'm drooling too.. that is one of my faorite places too.. i have to drive 3 hrs tho.. so have some for me.. ; ) im really drooling now..

Trust me YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! At first I didn't think that I could but I thought about my health .. Mee Too
Just stay strong and don't cave in to your cravings. If you feel yourself about to DIE (just joking but you may feel like that but you really won't die
wink.png
), then you may want to eat a small piece of soft fruit. I suggest you do that instead of just stopping the cleanse and saying that you can't do it at all. Although you are not supposed to have any solid foods, it's better than throwing in the towel. .. I agree..

After my first cleanse, I was down to a size 6 - 8 in pants. I'm top heavy (I stood in the wrong line for too long when God was creating my body) so my tops are M - L.

For anyone that wants to lose 10 lbs in a week, then a 7 day cleanse is a great choice.

Post when you need help or motivation. We all need a little support during times like these.
hugs.gif
Good LUCK !!!!!!!!!!
thumbsup.gif
.. Thank you .. Thank you.. so fun to find this kind of group .. here..
I'm finding i need 4 more hours in a day to just catch up on my byc...
I'll not make such a big ppost in future.. .. just got all excited.. to c u here.. back to reading ... pg 17 no on this thread..

Hey Debra!
frow.gif
Wow 4 dress sizes! I have brand new clothes that I bought like two weeks before I got pregnant 17 years ago.... I think they are paid off by now... but I want to get back into them so badly! New- I tell you, NEW! I can not bear to get rid of them and I can not bear to buy new clothes so I am in rags. (is it bear or bare? ) [COLOR=FF0000]Uhhmmm Uhhmm shh.. I think its both if you cant get into them.. tee hee.. [/COLOR] I have a rinkie-dinkie juicer and my husband is thinking that we will save in the long run if we invest in a good juicer. I need to make sure that I can handle this first though. [COLOR=FF0000]..good thinking.. No need in getting a race car when a V W will do. that's what i recommended to my friends.. spend the $ on the vegies.. and when you like the results enough.. to get the $$$ one.. then you'll know you will get the value out of it..[/COLOR] If this is do able for kuntrygirl, then I can do it too.If I don't die by day 10, I will go for 30 too! I finally read the entire thread and marked down the post numbers with all of the recipes!
big_smile.png
[COLOR=FF0000]..I'm thinking .. that would be great for me if you were to post them here .... thanks much[/COLOR] I think what surprises me is how little I actually eat. I will be getting more calories on this juicing diet. Then again, once the furnace is stoked, maybe it will burn better. ...gonna miss the coffee. I am going to be whining a lot about that. it isn't just the caffeine it's the entire coffee experience
..Yess I whine.. and cheated on the coffee my self.. and have forgiven.. self.. Trying harder this time..
There is an awesome place in my are Jason's Deli that has the absolute best salad bar. :drool That's what I had today. I'm stuffed and will not eat again. Will only drink water the rest of the day. ..ok .. i'm drooling too.. that is one of my faorite places too.. i have to drive 3 hrs tho.. so have some for me.. ; ) im really drooling now..
Just stay strong and don't cave in to your cravings. If you feel yourself about to DIE (just joking but you may feel like that but you really won't die ;) ), then you may want to eat a small piece of soft fruit. I suggest you do that instead of just stopping the cleanse and saying that you can't do it at all. Although you are not supposed to have any solid foods, it's better than throwing in the towel. [COLOR=FF0000].. I agree.. [/COLOR] After my first cleanse, I was down to a size 6 - 8 in pants. I'm top heavy (I stood in the wrong line for too long when God was creating my body) so my tops are M - L. For anyone that wants to lose 10 lbs in a week, then a 7 day cleanse is a great choice. Post when you need help or motivation. We all need a little support during times like these. :hugs Good LUCK !!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup
.. Thank you .. Thank you.. so fun to find this kind of group .. here.. I'm finding i need 4 more hours in a day to just catch up on my byc... I'll not make such a big ppost in future.. .. just got all excited.. to c u here.. back to reading ... pg 17 no on this thread..
:thumbsup
..I think the greens are very important.. more important than the fruit. and like ?some one? said.. I too use them just enough to flavor the vegies.. My thinking - i'm probably more deficient in the minerals and enzymes in the vegies.. than in the sugars of the fruit. and I'm doing this for the Health of it .. not the taste.. or .. i can say now.. my taste has changed..
This is so true for me as well. And yes, I also found that that taste for what I wanted has changed for THE BEST. I am so happy about the change. And my appetite for more food has also changed. This may sound strange but I think the amount that my stomach can hold has shrunk. I can't eat a lot of food anymore. I can only eat a small portion and then I'm full. :) Have fun reading the rest of the thread. Heck, I may go back and start from the beginning as well. I'm getting all excited all over again too. :lau

So, I did another 30 day cleanse (cheated some days and ate rice) and lost 20 lbs. I completed my most recent cleanse last week and I feel GREAT!!! I'm so glad that I did it again.

Now I want the Omega Juicer to try another cleanse with more greens.
droolin.gif
30 day.. wow .. I've not done that yet.. but I do want to .. for the Health reasons.. I'm hoping to plant lots in the garden that would be good for juicing.. to do in the summer time.. I'm thinking save $$ and home grown.. both would be good..

I like that omega too.. and the green star. so much to learn about and decide.. I currently have the Jack LaLane and i really like the wide opening. for apples and wrapping kale around carrots.(it helps me get the kale in with out sticking).

kuntrygirl .. glad to hear of your success.. thanks for mentoring..
debra

Back
Top Bottom