Just a look into the future preparing your flock and coop for summer

Skeeter10

In the Brooder
Oct 29, 2015
thought this would be a good thread due to the fact that summer is only 5 - 6 months away what do my fellow flock members do to prepare their flock for summer

I do agree that this is a great idea. :)

I can't really speak as to what I would do because we just got our first chicks last Tuesday (they are one week old today) so haven't experienced winter or summer yet but I do know that the people that put plastic up for winter probably take it down but some people leave it up or replace it with a shade cloth. I am wondering too though if anyone ever puts ice or water coolers into the water? I know people do heaters in winter to keep it from freezing but does anyone put coolers in just to cool the birds down?

honestly i think the water stays prety cool i get mine out of a well it comes out at a prety nice temprature year around and as long as i put fresh water in every day or every other day depending on the outside temp it stays about 45 50 % with out ice or a cold source

Oh wow, that's really nice. :) I would have thought it would get warm or gross fast but I guess if you change it regularly or keep it in the shade it wouldn't. I guess we'll find out.

Back
Top Bottom