Just a Ramp to the Run . . . Right. (Story)

tcwk

Songster
10 Years
Apr 10, 2009
NW, PA
Hey BYC, I haven't been posting in awhile but here is a story for ya.

I live in an semi urban area and have 5 girls (4 Red Star, 1 Gold Seabright Banty). Ive been upgrading their coop and run a lot recently and I made new ramps for the nest boxes and I decided while I was at it why not make a new one for the run also. So I made them 2 days ago and stained the one that is going outside and put up the ones to the nest boxes, all is well. So this morning I decided to put the ramp for the run in, now that the stain is dry. I still have a temporary run made from deer fence, to hold down the edges I have blocks, bricks and rocks. So I move some blocks out of the way to crawl into the run and got busy putting in the new ramp. When I was done i took some time to admire my work and looked over at my girls to see how they liked it and then I realized they slipped under the fence and were free-ranging away (keep in mind semi urban area) then I got scared (due to the fact that they were in plain sight of the old neighbor guy who we aren't on good terms with). I crawled back out of the run propped open the bottom so they could get back in and did a big slow loop around them. I slowly started trying to heard them into it and one jumped on top of the place where i propped it up and closed it again, so I had to go back and open it up again. I managed to play the heard game with them a little longer and finally got them to scoot back under.

Mission Accomplished.

Thanks for reading my pointless story now you can look at the pics

All that just for this.

0725091117.jpg

Below are some pics of the nest boxes and the other ramps that I mentioned.

These boxes are made out of a cupboard click here for on how I did it.

0724091208.jpg

0724091208a.jpg

0724091208b.jpg

Add that to your "1001 Things a Cupboard Can Do" list

Back
Top Bottom