Just another funny turkey post

farmerlor

Songster
11 Years
Dec 25, 2008
middle of nowhere Colorado
I"ve got these four bourbon hens that I hatched out this year who travel around in a little gang getting into trouble and just generally terrorizing everyone else on the farm. They chase the cats everywhere. They're just curious, they want to see what cats are all about and possibly whether or not they taste good but it's just hilarious watching them chase these cats back and forth across the farm yard. Today I saw them chasing blackbirds around. The blackbirds have long had a deal with the chickens that they were allowed to eat the scraps in the chicken yard once the chickens are through with them. Uhhhh, not anymore. The "girls" see them and fly over the chicken fence and go after those blackbirds. Again, I'm not sure it's an aggressive thing as much as just plain curiosity but they are having a ball chasing them. I think they thought they were going to take on the dogs the other day but they changed their minds when my dobie wasn't going to put up with it.

Fun.

But hey, where's the pics???
wink.png

I love my bourbon reds - they do whatever they want - whenever they want - when I holler at them they look at me like "you couldn't not possibly be speaking to me in that tone of voice" - they do provide a lot of entertainment. Be careful though - my big tom Kramer decided to take on the neighbors dog and lost - they're like my husband after a sixpack - 10 foot tall and bullet proof. I have a huge black cat who can whip any dog in the neighborhood but will freak and run when the turkeys get after him - bad karma for the songbird killing twirp -

Back
Top Bottom