Just bought this, so I didn't have to borrow my brother in law's again.

Aug 6, 2021
Indiana
Can't wait for it to arrive! Anyone else have this type?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220716-211014-548.png
    Screenshot_20220716-211014-548.png
    827.9 KB · Views: 4
Looks like the makings for a nice brooder if placed somewhere secure.

Good luck!
Thanks! Now I'm torn just found this one and it's adorable.. it wouldn't fit inside my run and give my girls room. But I love it. Oh yes in my chicken run. I'm thinking a tarp on the floor with pine chips. I was hoping it would fit in my coop but it won't. But it will be nice for day times outside where the rest of the flock can see them but not get them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220716-232131.png
    Screenshot_20220716-232131.png
    683.1 KB · Views: 1
Thanks! Now I'm torn just found this one and it's adorable.. it wouldn't fit inside my run and give my girls room. But I love it. Oh yes in my chicken run. I'm thinking a tarp on the floor with pine chips. I was hoping it would fit in my coop but it won't. But it will be nice for day times outside where the rest of the flock can see them but not get them.
That's cute. I can see it being used for a small grow out/brooder to protect chicks while they are growing up waiting for integration. Not sure how well it would hold up in the elements, but in a protected/covered run I think it would work. I wonder if it's large enough for a brooder plate or heating pad cave to fit inside the little coop section and chicks still have room to move about in there.
Oh...just noticed the nesting box, maybe that could be the heated area with the brooder plate or cave, then the rest of the coop would be "free" for them to have a place to chill out and hide like they seem to want to do at times. Chicks are fun for sure.

i say go with that because it a good grow out pen and i think prefab coops are great for that and 3 chickens can live in them but i say go with 2nd one

i say go with that because it a good grow out pen and i think prefab coops are great for that and 3 chickens can live in them but i say go with 2nd one
First one is already enroute. It'll fit in my chicken run and I can take it outside. The coop I have will fit several more chickens than I have in there. We'd just have to build more perches if we needed. The prefab didn't have great reviews on durability, I think it was a cheaper made knockoff on one I found that was over the times the price. That being said I might buy it anyway eventually, I kept it on my list. I have to ease my hubby into it. Lol

Back
Top Bottom