Just curious who else is living super frugal

Hmmm, what's a bj's?

Great deals at the grocery stores for the memorial holiday!! I'm stocking up!! Pig has chicken legs for 69 cents lb, boneless ribs for 1.99, pork roasts for 1.99....etc. I can hardly wait to go shopping tmw!!!

Sam's (Sam Walton) is to walmart what BJ's is to Target...
They have military and senior discounts and take coupons, we go as few times as possible as not everything is cheaper per unit then at discount stores.

I do go to the 'day old bread' shop and I can get a shopping cart full of bread for $5.00 for the birds-

We can get three day old loaves for $2.00 and other stuff...

my husband and i have always lived frugal.i just turned 60 and he is 62.i'am proud to say as of last year we are debt free.our home is paid for.we own a a retail shop in our small town .and still work full time.we grow and can veggie in the summer months.it has been 20 plus years since we did a vacation.we are very content to stay around our home do yard and garden work and look after our chickens.

I don't call it frugal, I call it being poor...
idunno.gif

It's a different kind of poor. There is poor in which you feel powerless to change it and are living in quiet desperation or poor where you actively manage what little pennies you have and do without in some areas so you can have little things that bring you joy....like eating out with your kids once in awhile or renting a movie or funding enough food for a birthday party.

Yeah, in the end it's all poor but work isn't work if you enjoy it and poverty isn't poverty when you feel richer than some millionaires because you actually appreciate the things you can afford, appreciate a hot shower or the food on your table. When you've done without, even a little looks like a lot.

It's a different kind of poor. There is poor in which you feel powerless to change it and are living in quiet desperation or poor where you actively manage what little pennies you have and do without in some areas so you can have little things that bring you joy....like eating out with your kids once in awhile or renting a movie or funding enough food for a birthday party.

Yeah, in the end it's all poor but work isn't work if you enjoy it and poverty isn't poverty when you feel richer than some millionaires because you actually appreciate the things you can afford, appreciate a hot shower or the food on your table. When you've done without, even a little looks like a lot.
Nicely put!
smile.png

I don't call it frugal, I call it being poor...
idunno.gif
While I'm not well off, my wife and I do ok. I'm an independent contractor and she's a mother of four. We don't necessarily HAVE to live frugally but we save money wherever and whenever we can. Believe me, I've been poor before and it's no fun! For that reason we live frugally, as a small safeguard against being poor. There's no shame in being poor, only in giving up and not trying.

While I'm not well off, my wife and I do ok. I'm an independent contractor and she's a mother of four. We don't necessarily HAVE to live frugally but we save money wherever and whenever we can. Believe me, I've been poor before and it's no fun! For that reason we live frugally, as a small safeguard against being poor.
There's no shame in being poor, only in giving up and not trying.

That's the same for myself
thumbsup.gif

thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom