Just curious who else is living super frugal

That is ridiculous!!!!
Haha I don't eat apricot preserves either, but if I found ANYTHING for 1 cent I would buy all I could!
Good job!!!!

Edit-- somehow that didn't quote right, but I'm sure you guys can figure out what I was referring to :)

Last edited:

That is ridiculous!!!!
Haha I don't eat apricot preserves either, but if I found ANYTHING for 1 cent I would buy all I could!
Good job!!!!

Edit--  somehow that didn't quote right, but I'm sure you guys can figure out what I was referring to :)

I know. I said the same thing. One of my friends called me "sick" for buying all of that. :lau But I couldn't pass it up. I'm like you, if I find ANYTHING for 1 cent, I gotta buy it. Sometimes, I will go in the stores and see clothes for $0.50 or something like that and the clothing may not fit me but I have to buy it and then I find someone who can fit it. I just hate passing up a good deal. :D

Wow. I don't think I have ever seen anything for 1c. I guess our lowest currency being a 5c coin doesn't help lol
Think that gets bargain of the week award :)

Last edited:
Haha WOW that's a lot of land!
We were thinking more like 3-5 acres haha
Sometimes I think I want to leave everything and just move out west to like Montana or Wyoming and live off the grid.
Then I start panicking of being in the middle of nowhere, I've always been on the east coast near big cities.

But our goal is when my husband gets out of the Army (in 13 more years!!!) we want to buy a little 3-5 acre farm not too far from the beach down here in the Carolina's.
You can do a lot with 3 acres. There is one contributor to this thread (Scott & Lydia) who successfully garden and raise lambs on one acre. And you can still live off the grid - even in suburbia! – Beautiful country, the Carolinas!

Thanks!
We really like it here.
My husband's in the Army so they decided we're living here, but I don't want to leave. Ever haha.
And price of land is wayyyy cheaper than where we come from up North!
I would love to add some livestock as soon as we move.

For anyone with a good internet connection that wants to work online, this is a legit company that pays by the hour:

leapforce

They don't hire in every state or country, and you have to pass three exams to get hired, but it works for a lot of people that want to work a few hours here and there.

.....just seems to fit in with the frugal group since it's nuthin' you're gonna get rich on, but it does help pay the bills.

I think you also have to have a reasonably update version of windows and be using a PC
Just to let you know, they are indeed legit. I worked for them for a time.

I'm looking for a frugal way to save on lighting & electricity with the coop. I want to extend their light time this winter by 4 or 5 hours at night and thought solar lights like this one could help with saving energy and the light automatically going on at dusk so there is no time delaty because of us. Of course I want to keep it as cheap as possible, but I'd also like it to last and be reliable. Suggestions, thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom