Just curious who else is living super frugal

She refuses to give it to me, but it is pretty much the same, as her laundry detergent. She also does a good powdered detergent which is made from baking soda and other ingredients and we mix in dried herbs into it as well for different scents such as rosehip, lavendar, and marigold. My field clothes she has a mixture of marigold and citronella to keep the bugs off me.

My wife has just informed me if I state anything else about her recipes there will be one less mouth to feed in our house and a new grave in the family plot.... Worst part about that is she would make me dig it myself and then expect me to fill it in myself after the deed was done.

My wife has just informed me if I state anything else about her recipes there will be one less mouth to feed in our house and a new grave in the family plot.... Worst part about that is she would make me dig it myself and then expect me to fill it in myself after the deed was done.

Sorry about that, pattersonml - I promise: No more recipe questions!

LOL! He makes me out to be so bad!!!!! Ill correct him on this when he comes back in from digging his hole.

Last edited:
I am attempting to cut back on a lot of things. I learnt how to can and preserve my own food, I also grew my years worth of tomatoes, pumpkins and carrots this Summer. Now that I have just purchased a farm with my boyfriend, we plan on growing all of our own food and hopefully a large portion of our livestock's food this next growing season.
I have also started making our own dish detergent and laundry detergent. It hasn't been easy to find the time considering I am 23, go to university and also have a job, but it is very fulfilling :)

Thanks Pattersonml, and Beekissed for the input. Looks like I got some studying to do!
Pattersonml, what is your recipe for dish soap. We make our own laundry detergent using fels-naptha, but I haven’t been able to find how to make dish soap. I’m not even sure what the difference is - soap is soap?
PattersonMLs wife here. The problem with dish soap is cutting the grease. i went through many failed attempts but this is VERY close to my recipe. (I tend to do it the complicated way like burning the wood....adding water....etc) This is essentially the easy version of my recipe. http://naturesnurtureblog.com/2013/06/17/homemade-dish-soap-that-actually-works/ Hope this helps and sorry I didnt respond sooner, kids and husband and peeps take up alot of MamaHen time!
th.gif

She refuses to give it to me, but it is pretty much the same, as her laundry detergent. She also does a good powdered detergent which is made from baking soda and other ingredients and we mix in dried herbs into it as well for different scents such as rose hip, lavender, and marigold. My field clothes she has a mixture of marigold and citronella to keep the bugs off me.
Actually sweetheart its Marigold, Citronella and tea tree. In case anyone needs the recipe. You can also use this same recipe as a spray repellent to keep the buggies off of your dinner! Id test your family for allergies first of course! Bay leaves keep any ants away in the house too. I have a TON of natural recipes if anyone needs them....just shoot me a pm or inbox msg. I also make soaps lotions, creams, and detergents, fabric softeners.... AWE heck....everything and sell it to our local community on the dirt cheap. (did i mention dirt is an ingredient great for exfoliation? =D)

PattersonMLs wife here. The problem with dish soap is cutting the grease. i went through many failed attempts but this is VERY close to my recipe. (I tend to do it the complicated way like burning the wood....adding water....etc) This is essentially the easy version of my recipe. http://naturesnurtureblog.com/2013/06/17/homemade-dish-soap-that-actually-works/ Hope this helps and sorry I didnt respond sooner, kids and husband and peeps take up alot of MamaHen time!
th.gif
Thanks, FowlMouthMama, I didn’t mean to intrude into your business – I figure that is sacred grounds in which I have no business! I am the chief bottle washer, laundry king, and accountant in this family; so I am always looking for ways to become more self-reliant in this business of living.

Picked up a few pineapple that were marked down to $1.00. I bought 7 of them. I had been wanting fresh pinapple for months but didn't want to pay $2.98 for one. My patience paid off. :D

Back
Top Bottom