Just curious who else is living super frugal

We had a frugal score yesterday. Our local Grange had a coupon for 25% off any regular priced item under $100. Now, there's a ton of things I could have used that coupon on, but we're running low on funds, so play items were out. We used two of the coupons, each for a bag of dog food. We buy Diamond naturals, it's $37 a bag. Not like those dogs are going to quit eating any time soon
hmm.png

Went to a movie last night, Mockingjay. Honey had movie passes from work, so that offset the cost some. But I can not for the life of me convenience that man he can watch a movie in a theater without a drink and popcorn. Does he eat popcorn at home? Never, ever, ever. But at the cinema he feels he has to shell out all that $$$ for the crap. Drives me insane.

Oh well. There are far worse things he could be doing........

I haven't been to the movies in a very very long time. Can't stand the sticky floors, and actually have concern about what might be running around on those sticky floors in the dark. But, if I were to go, you can be sure I'd be carrying a big pocketbook.

Actually they just opened a theater in Marquette last year that is supposed to be the most advanced in the country. I'll tell you what.not a bad seat. All rocking recliner style chairs. Lots of foot room. Really nice....

I need some Safer's insecticidal soap. Did a google search. Fels Naptha: 1" of bar grated and melted in 1 qt. H2O. Then use 1 tsp of this concentrate in a qt. of water in your sprayer. I have yet to make some, but certainly won't spend the money on more Safer's! Also recommended 1" blocks of FN at the base of trees in the orchard to repel borers. I'm thinking it may also repel winter mice and voles.

I need some Safer's insecticidal soap.  Did a google search.  Fels Naptha:  1" of bar grated and melted in 1 qt. H2O.  Then use 1 tsp of this concentrate in a qt. of water in your sprayer.  I have yet to make some, but certainly won't spend the money on more Safer's!  Also recommended 1" blocks of FN at the base of trees in the orchard to repel borers.  I'm thinking it may also repel winter mice and voles.  

That's intriguing especially since fels is a buck at Wally World where I live. FYI. My hubby loves the clothes detergent I have been making. Still searching for a dish detergent that works and has good reviews. We cut our nels soap down a little bit in our laundry soap because of my respiratory issues but so far so good...

I think it's $2/bar here, but everything is much more expensive here. I have resp issues also, and found that I had to finish making the detergent outside due to the strong smell as the soap was melting. But, LOVE the detergent. Well worth taking the time to make it. I find that when I put a couple of drops of hand washing dish detergent in DW with the DW soap, I get better results. We have very hard water. Let me know if you find a home made DW soap recipe that works well. I think I may try making some, using either lemon koolaid or Lemi Shine in addition to the usual ingredients. Nothing to loose, right? Will make a super small batch to start.

Back
Top Bottom