Just curious who else is living super frugal

Ha ha, I hear that all the time Helen! Its very easy. Mustard powder (seeds too if you like) white vinegar, garlic and onion powder, little flour and turmeric, cook a minute til it thickens and VOILA! There are also fancy varieties using wine vinegars, herbs, horseradish, beer, apple cider.. Use some imagination and its limitless. Makes fantastic gifts. For about $2 I can make several jars of $8 each grocery type mustards. Oh! for a chinese style mustard.. equal portions mustard powder and water.. Whoo is it spicy!

I would live more frugal if DW were more into it. She is not and there is a lot of waste in our home. Which is why I got chickens. They'll eat just about anything but I do of course have my limits. Produce is the number one thing that gets tossed. In fact there is a spoiled salad in the trash right now. To far gone to give to the birds. Oh and bread too.

Ok I started reading and I'm hooked .LOL I have actually been trying to get by here and reading some awsum idea's and didn't want to loose my spot on page 21 or this thread, so thought I would say hello while I'm trying to catch up on 50+ pages.
I will post my story when I get caught up, great thread everyone and great Idea's for doing more and more yourself.
I question though how do you get your son to stop trying to have you committed? My oldest thinks I have lost my mind the last 2 years....... maybe I have.... it's from all the stress of trying to pay pay pay with nothing to pay with. Our mess is pretty messy and i FEEL RATHER LOST.... maybe I found my stride again here....Kim

Quote:
Don't feel bad.....my family (not hubby or kids) but sister, mom, in-laws, ect. laugh at me for living the way we do. They think you should go and spend, spend, spend, but nope, we pay our bills and live life with as little as possible. I have come find that the less you have, the less you have to be concerned with. Plus, the more they laugh, the more I love my dog.
smile.png

OK my frugal friends!
I really want to try some canning and REALLY want to try making my own spaghetti sauce. I was hoping those of you seasoned veterans would recommend some good recipes? I have looked on the BYC database etc but wanted to ask you all for your favorites as there are just too many to choose from!

I would use a recipe from the Ball canning guide for the first time. You can get more creative once you know what you are doing.

Quote:
I have an awesome recipe that my neighbor makes and she passed it on to me, beings none of her 4 kids do any canning, and it is delish......
droolin.gif
As soon as I can find it..I'll post it if you'd like.

Back
Top Bottom