Just curious who else is living super frugal

Quote:
I totally get that feeling. And you know what you will feel once you start making steps toward frugality? Empowerment. You will no longer feel that the world is controlling you. You will be in control again.

Quote:
I totally get that feeling. And you know what you will feel once you start making steps toward frugality? Empowerment. You will no longer feel that the world is controlling you. You will be in control again.

Yes, you know that's it. I do feel like things are spiraling out of control. I'm so excited about getting started!

So excited to have everybody helping me get started! I can't thank you all enough.....I will keep you all posted if that's OK! I need motivators.....

It's kind of like joining a club...the frugal club....With y'all cheering me on.....
smile.png

Quote:
Ya know, I think this is why this thread is so popular. I don't know about you, but when I started on this frugal journey (and I thought I had always been frugal!) I felt so alone. I was embarrassed that our finances were so tight and that it prevented us from doing the things other people were doing. When I came here and found not only tons of good information and many, many, many good people who are in this boat with me, I did feel empowered and much better about where we are. The people here and on ss helped me to refocus my view on reality, get a grip on myself and our finances, and really turn a corner. Funny how a chicken forum can have such an impact! The people here are amazing and I feel blessed to be a part of this.
smile.png

Carol

Quote:
Ya know, I think this is why this thread is so popular. I don't know about you, but when I started on this frugal journey (and I thought I had always been frugal!) I felt so alone. I was embarrassed that our finances were so tight and that it prevented us from doing the things other people were doing. When I came here and found not only tons of good information and many, many, many good people who are in this boat with me, I did feel empowered and much better about where we are. The people here and on ss helped me to refocus my view on reality, get a grip on myself and our finances, and really turn a corner. Funny how a chicken forum can have such an impact! The people here are amazing and I feel blessed to be a part of this.
smile.png

Carol

That's exactly how I feel......It is embarrassing to admit that you didn't manage your money correctly.....But comforting to know we're not the only ones out there......And that you CAN pull yourself out from under the debt.......Right now though, I don't even feel like I'm AT the tunnel....let alone seeing a light at the END of the tunnel! LOL

I think you can be considered 'living frugal' when a pair of jeans for $4.20 at Goodwill seems expensive, and there isn't enough money to pay for them.
gig.gif
I hate being poor, i.e. forced to live frugal.

Wine Progress

I just finished removing the "CAP" (the mass of pulp that gathers at the top of a fementation) from the two wines I am making (peach and nectarine). I tested both wines, and the sugar levels are very close, peach at 5 brix and nectarine at 7 brix (brix is one way of measuring sugar in wine). The fermentation had slowed, so I'm thinking it will be done in another week.

Both musts (what it's called before it's wine) are still very cloudy, but they both taste good (even though very sweet). To give you an idea of BRIX, when I tested the fruit juice, (I squeezed some out of the fruit) prior to fementation, the level for both was 8.5 brix. So, imagine a slightly less sweet fruit, but that now has some alcohol in it.

Once it has finished fermenting (the gas trap stops bubbling) I shall once again test the juice, and if it's dry, I shall rack (Strain) it into a clean container to let them settle out (clear). I may have to rack several times over a period of several months (sometimes less).

This is a gas trap
76434_bubbler.jpg

that's all for now - just a ton more waiting....

The thing about living frugally is that, eventually, you aren't living hand to mouth anymore and you can actually eat out once in awhile without feeling guilty~particularly on special occasions. You can afford to buy something you've been wanting without ever touching a charge card.

It IS about empowerment. One day you realize that you have taken control of your financial life and choked it down to managable levels and are victorious over credit card debt, late payments, utility shut off notices and writing checks against insufficient funds.

It feels absolutely great and it also feels good when people wonder how in the world you are not scrambling like the rest of the world, just trying to keep up?

Back
Top Bottom