Just curious who else is living super frugal

well if he's concerned about the rapid fatigue, get him to try the gatorade as I suggested - if it's better with the gatorade, he'll know right away. the scary part is that if he's having significant muscle fatigue from electrolye imbalance, well, the heart's a muscle too...

He likes Gatorade but only in the hot weather or when he is out reenacting. Water or chocolate milk (when on sale but rare) is all he drinks. Likes rootbeer when he goes out to eat dinner. He always order grilled cheese and fries from the kids menu but for Steak n Shake, he can order adult size grilled cheese and fries. That is frugal or you can order the Snax Pak from Steak and Shake if you prefer hamburgers!

Sometimes ordering out in kids meals if you can get them, would save a bit if you really, really need to eat out.

Anyone recycled their beloved rocker recliner? Sure a few holes from wear and tear but the bones of it works well. I would love to "recycle" mine to get more miles of rocking and it fits me perfectly.

The seat has been sucken a bit, so I put a comforter on top of it and a sheet to cover the icky brown. I swear this chair may be over ten to fifteen years old but its a LazyBoy. Paddings are all smashed (foam).

So what do you all do?

Surefit slip covers...around $65+ and free shipping, custom-fit to your chair's measurements. Washable, durable, many different materials and designs. Cheaper than buying a new chair, easier and cheaper than making your own.

I agree but the cushions are made of foam, so I have to find something that would "lift" it out of the chair. The springs in the seats are OK but sagging a bit but nothing like a good ol cushion can pad it more.

I love my old chair.....it "fits" me perfectly! Todays recliners dont have the short lady with short legs fit. Either I get back cramps from a chair that is so slouchy in posture or my feet don't reach the floor to rock at all.

Seems like the right place to brag on my latest shopping spree.
big_smile.png

- 4 pairs of branded womens jeans
- 1 belt
- 3 work shirts
- Patagonia vest
- a complete LL Bean snow suit 4T

..... $23.42!!!!
celebrate.gif

But really, for me living frugally is about consolidating our purchases to what we NEED as opposed to what we want. Our lives have become consumed by excess in the past few years and it is really hard on us. On our relationship, on our cleanliness. Our mental well being. Every try to sweep around 53 corners in one room?

We are moving in the next few months. We will have much more space to spread out our belongings and a huge barn to store the excess in. My goal is to pare down to that which is necessary FOR US. For us, that is a lot more that for some.

Nothing great to add to this thread since I've just decided to live more simply but each day brings a new choice and challenge. Interested in how others manage.

I really admire those of you who take on upholstery. New furniture is so expensive, that is a super-practical skill.

I'm trying to be cash based, but it feels so raw not being able to buy whatever I want, whenever I want. (Wow, that sounds SO spoiled! HAHA) I know it will get easier as I get used to it.

Not using plastic is making me WAY more aware of how fast the dollars fly out of my wallet.

I like what whitegerabias said: Quote:

WE have a TV programme called superscrimpers here. It's amazing what people get up to! One lady's tip was to save those plastic nets that oranges and onions often come in. Roll the net into a ball and use as a pan scourer! Drying out and reusing tea bags is another favourite economy. I hope it doesn't come to that, can't function without frequent cups of tea throughout the day!!

Back
Top Bottom