Just curious who else is living super frugal

Ive purchased those Glad containers or something similar to it. If you look at it, its easy to use but horrible for microwaves and ovens. For Christmas, hubby bought me some glass containers with plastic covers of different sizes from Pyrex. Yes it is a bit costly but much safer and less waste and more durability.

From oven to refigerator, no need to wash out the containers, perfect for storing leftover casseroles or veggie plates. My grab it soup bowls, I love them too but hard to find them in garage sales so its like trying to find teeth in a chicken's mouth. Ebay has them I know, but too much money. They also have plastic covers for the grab it bowls as well.

Ive purchased those Glad containers or something similar to it. If you look at it, its easy to use but horrible for microwaves and ovens. For Christmas, hubby bought me some glass containers with plastic covers of different sizes from Pyrex. Yes it is a bit  costly but much safer and less waste and more durability.

From oven to refigerator, no need to wash out the containers, perfect for storing leftover casseroles or veggie plates. My grab it soup bowls, I love them too but hard to find them in garage sales so its like trying to find teeth in a chicken's mouth. Ebay has them I know, but too much money. They also have plastic covers for the grab it bowls as well.

Glass containers are on my wish list but may be on there for a while. They are so expensive.

The netting from clementines and the like work as well if not better than store bought scrubbies. Plus they are easy to replace when they start to look icky.

Just joined the group and this thread caught my eye! Would love to be more frugal....reading this thread and getting some great ideas!! I started on thread# 1 ....and working on getting to thru it all...so many great ideas and tips!! I love to also recycle and find ways to use old and items that we usually throw out... Thanks for all your great ideas...and keep them coming...need to learn from the best !
smile.png
May start a how to live frugal journal and give a copy to each of my children!!

welcome-byc.gif
HeidiH!

I love to shop at Goodwill and other local consignment shops. I also look on Ebay and Craigslist many times when we need to repair something-we can get the part (including shipping) many times for about 1/3 of the local price. Yes, it takes a few days to get here, but it is usually well worth the wait to save the money!
I am reading a book called "Kingdom-Focused Finances" that some friends gave us. It has been a huge help to me in changing the way I view money and shopping! It is a Christian book, so it may not be as helpful to some of you, but it has really been a huge help to me!

Goodwill is awesome. I really do have fairly spoiled kids I think. Not as bad as I see outside our home but I live with them and to me they are still spoiled. Anywho, even knowing they are spoiled i do like to get them things just for the heck of it. Today we hit the goodwill. I got 3 school books for $5, one of which my son has already claimed as his. ( magnetics and electricity) I also found my prissy little 9 year old the most beautiful dress, fairly sure its one used for the irish dancing, for 1.50. They feel spoiled and I am not broke. Its a win win. She is wearing her dress to church on sunday. She doesn't care if its too dressy, she is determined to do so anyway.

I thought I would share a thought I had when we decided to make these changes. It is a bit religious I guess but I think it can apply to anyone. I told my husband that i felt we needed to give more. Not necessarily to the church but I wanted the freedom to be able to help people around me. In our financial state at that time I had little extra to help anyone with. I really felt a divine shove in this direction. So our family goal has become being debt free. Not just because it will give us a better life, or make it easier to do things as a family, or even make things easier on our marriage,but because it will give us the financial state to help when someone is in need, not just when we have a bonus or a tax refund. Its a choice to live this way. Its a choice to give to others. But its great to be able to make these choices.

Quote:
Yeah, I know, but it's when you do ALL of it that it takes up the time. Not just the carding, spinning, weaving, dieing, cutting and sewing. And, he said that anyone meeting him would not know he'd done it himself. I've done, and seen a LOT of home woven cloth - mostly gorgeous stuff, but definitely hand made. NO mistaking it for machine made.

Simply, I don't think anyone can do it ALL!

We raise 90% of our own meat - we tan the rabbit skins, we make homemade wine, I also make pottery. We raise goats and ducks. Sell meat and eggs, make candles. . .

So I know how long it takes to do all these things. And more power to the person/s who can do it.

Just don't pea on my leg and tell me it's raining!

it's nice that you know what you can do....but DON"T ever assume you know what i can do....as a matter of fact I do make soap and I have a kiln tho not homemade , as far as Iron work I have a blacksmith shop with a copula Furnace and a small blast furnace your problem is you dont know how to use your time correctly plus I never said I was alone... so if i want to dig iron ore from this property i could, but there is too much of it for free already smelted.

Glass containers are on my wish list but may be on there for a while. They are so expensive.

We were given a gift certificate to Bed Bath & Beyond for Christmas and I ran out and got 2 sets of these... THEY ARE AWESOME! I too had put off getting them for so long because they are costly. I am so happy to have them!

We were given a gift certificate to Bed Bath & Beyond for Christmas and I ran out and got 2 sets of these... THEY ARE AWESOME! I too had put off getting them for so long because they are costly. I am so happy to have them!

You are sooooooooo lucky!!! :D

Back
Top Bottom