Just found a GOPHER family!

spuetz07

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 3, 2009
Cochrane, WI
I think they are gophers, I have to get a better look. Right behind the coop, and I think living under a cement boulder, lives a family of at least 7 gophers. That is what I just counted minutes ago. Are these pesky rodents a threat to my chickens? I am trying to get some pictures of them. I have one, but it is hard to see wht it looks like. I will post if I get a better photo. Not sure if I need to get rid of these guys immediately or not? They're pretty sneaky!! What do you think?
TIA, Sarah

I say just get rid of them! They are just a pest. If they are small enough you can let your flock have at them. Just the other day I found a nest of mice and managed to get three. I gave them to the to the girls and they love it!
big_smile.png
Great way to get rid ot them!

If they aren't hurting you why hurt them? If they are damaging your chickens or killing them that is different. But they don't deserve to die just because a bunch of people don't like them.

Yup..let them be! They wont bother the chickens at all...we have gophers here too.. its no big deal.

Quote:
Yeah...treat your fellow creatures as you would like to be treated. If they really bother you, you should trap them and move them.

Back
Top Bottom