just hatched

hey if anyone can answer, i have had my still air at 99-100 degrees for the first four days, and am now realinzing that a still air needs to be at 101-102 (this is only my second hatch) if i raise the temp to 101-102 now, will it still have a delayed hatch,

also, congrats lin and everyone else who has been successful! hopefully my luck is the same!!!!
jumpy.gif

My 4th is working it's way out now too!! I cheated and reached in quick and rolled the egg over to check for a pip because the egg had been rocking and rolling all day long but the other chicks had flipped it over from where I had marked that I thought it would probably pip and sure enough right under that little x was a nice hole. I have 2 black and 1 yellow so far and I'm really excited to see what this one looks like when it makes it's appearance!!

Katie

How do you tell where they my pip from? What do I look for?
CJ

hey if anyone can answer, i have had my still air at 99-100 degrees for the first four days, and am now realinzing that a still air needs to be at 101-102 (this is only my second hatch) if i raise the temp to 101-102 now, will it still have a delayed hatch,

also, congrats lin and everyone else who has been successful! hopefully my luck is the same!!!! :jumpy

You will but it may only be a few hours or a day

When I candled at day 18 I marked a little x at the lowest point of the air cell and that's the part of the egg I pointed up when I locked down. All 4 of my chicks pipped right around that mark.

Katie

When I candled at day 18 I marked a little x at the lowest point of the air cell and that's the part of the egg I pointed up when I locked down. All 4 of my chicks pipped right around that mark.

Katie

Thank you. I am going into lockdown on the 27th!
CJ

So I just had one chick hatch. its my first time shes still in the bator and has her cord stuck to her but, I don't really know what to do. Im nervous about going to sleep and just leaving her but its getting late do I take her out when she dries? how long should I leave the cord attached ? when is she supposed to have food and water?

the "cord" will be fine. it'll dry up and fall off. i took my chicks out after about 24 hours so for one night you'll be fine. however, because my humidity was so high, they didn't dry so don't be alarmed if yours doesn't. don't open the bator if others have pips or you might shrink wrap them. let us know and pictures would be nice. AnD…
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom