Just In Time Hatching Egg AUCTION and BIN Thread

OK can we get back to EGGS! Anyone that has a current offer up please re-up it so it will be easy to find.

Lets keep the chatting down PLEASE!

BIN - exacctly 6 Ayam Cemani eggs $120 includes shipping

My line is still a work in progress with high cull rates. Last weekend I sorted 16 juveniles and only 3 were good enough to keep any longer. Things I culled for were pink mouths/tongues, greenish legs, pink starting to show in comb/wattles, or feather color leakage. 3 of 16 is an 81% cull rate. I expect the final cull rate before any are put into breeding pens to be 95% or more. Last year I kept less than 10% of my grow outs. This year's birds are much better than last year's, but I'm being even more critical about which ones to keep. My standards are high and so are my cull rates. Other breeders have reported culling 80%-97%.

If you buy these eggs you accept that chicks from these eggs won't be perfect. These can give you a start if you're willing to work on them or if you just like pretty yard art and aren't too concerned about the faults. You will definitley get some culls from these eggs, but you also have a chance to get some awesome FM birds, too, about an 18% chance for a good one based on my first round of assessments. I'll update these statistics as I grow out and assess more birds.

Why am I telling you all this instead of just showing some pretty pictures? Because I don't want you to have any illusions about what you are buying. This breed needs a lot of work. It is not for the faint of heart. It is not for those expecting perfection in every chick hatched. And I don't want anyone accusing me of behing dishonest. This is what I've got.

I have three breeding pens set up:
Blue Pen - TM roo over TM hen (a pair)
Red Pen - GFF/TM roo over TM hen (a pair)
Green Pen - GFF roo over three TM hens (a quad)

You will get eggs from all pens. I set eggs every Saturday. If not sold these will be set for myself on Saturday. Only the most recent/freshest six eggs will be shipped. DH collects eggs for me and I don't have him trained yet to mark which pen eggs are coming from. I'm working on that.

I'll upload some pictures here when I get home tonight. Or you can view pictures on my FB personal page (Candace Waldon) or my FB poultry page (Tar Babies Poultry).

Offer is valid through Wednesday night 2/11/2015. I will not ship eggs after Thursday.

Feel free to posts questions. If you have a question, someone else probably has the same question.

Thanks for looking.

ETA - Eggs are running near 100% fertility. 28 eggs currently in the incubator and only one is a non-starter.

Last edited:
I still have an incubator available . . .

[COLOR=A52A2A]BIN - Brinsea Octagon 20 Eco Incubator with turning cradle $190 includes shipping[/COLOR]

It's about two years old, don't remember exactly when I got it. The thermometer got broke so you you'll need to get a replacement thermometer for it.  The Octagon 20 is $200 (currently on sale for $180) and the turner is $100 (currently on sale for $90).  Brinsea wants $42 shipping (to my zip code, might be different cost to your zip code).  Brand new this set up will cost you $312.  Or get my used set up for $190 plus thermometer ($10 if you get one from Brinsea).

If this hasn't sold, I would like to buy it.

* Tip: I read that some people pack their eggs inside a can/canister (like soup/coffee can), and then pack that in a box to keep the eggs from being crushed in shipping if that's any help.

up for auction is 12 mixed color sizzle eggs. I have 2 white sizzle hens, 2 frizzled silkie partridge hens and 1 black sizzle hen covered by a porcelain silkie roo.
Auction starts at $10.00 and shipping is $13.00 Auction ends wednesday at 9:00pm. I take paypal ONLY please. I pack very well. I bubble wrap each egg individually and place them in an egg flat or carton air cell up and put either the top to the carton or another flat on top and tape them together and I put that bundle in the middle of a box on a nest of shredded paper and pack shredded paper all around and on top of the bundle. This seems to help keep the air cells from being damaged so much. Im out of heat packs. This offer is for eggs I have now, not for the future.

Both white hens look just alike so I'm just posting one pic.

up for auction is 12 mixed color sizzle eggs. I have 2 white sizzle hens, 2 frizzled silkie partridge hens and 1 black sizzle hen covered by a porcelain silkie roo.
Auction starts at $10.00 and shipping is $13.00 Auction ends wednesday at 9:00pm. I take paypal ONLY please. I pack very well. I bubble wrap each egg individually and place them in an egg flat or carton air cell up and put either the top to the carton or another flat on top and tape them together and I put that bundle in the middle of a box on a nest of shredded paper and pack shredded paper all around and on top of the bundle. This seems to help keep the air cells from being damaged so much. Im out of heat packs. This offer is for eggs I have now, not for the future.

Both white hens look just alike so I'm just posting one pic.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom