Just In Time Hatching Egg AUCTION and BIN Thread

[COLOR=006400]Auction: Jill Rees Cream Legbar Hatching Eggs (10+ eggs).[/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][COLOR=000000][COLOR=000000][COLOR=000000][COLOR=000000][COLOR=000000][COLOR=000000][COLOR=000000][COLOR=000000]In August 2014, we acquired several Cream Legbars from Jill Rees lines. We now have some of these Jill Rees Cream Legbar hatching eggs available. The Cream Legbar (also known as "Crested Cream Legbar") is one of the most well known of the autosexing chickens. They are known for their crest, eye catching sky blue eggs, and their laying ability. The Cream Legbar was created in the 1930's by crossing Brown Leghorns, Barred Rocks, and Araucanas. The cross created a bird which lays many eggs like a Leghorn, has a sky blue hue like the Araucana, and is barred like a Barred Rock. This combination adds for a unique specimen. The new line of Jill Rees Cream Legbar chickens we have look beautiful. While there is some variation in coloring in this line, only the better representatives of the breed were chosen for breeding.[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] Pictures are of actual birds in the breeding pen. Bidding starts at $70 and must be in whole dollar amounts. Auction will expire exactly 24 hours from this post. Shipping will be an additional $15.
Just a reminder on these. These birds are truly crested and cream Legbars. Many people have gotten gold or crestless Legbars from other lines. So far, I've had great results with these birds. They'd make a great addition of true crested cream Legbar blood to existing Legbar flocks or a new addition to a flock.
Are these still available

Quote: Are these still available

They're still available. PM me if you're interested for details.
smile.png

BIN IS CANCELLED

*UPDATE* It's getting late (11pm CST). I'll be cancelling this shortly if no takers.

BIN for shipping tomorrow, 7 Midget White turkey eggs - see pics at https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/960757/midget-white-turkey-eggs-not-hatchery-stock

$40 INCLUDES shipping (or $45 if you're in Alaska).

These are leftovers after filling orders, and I was going to set them but I don't think I'll have room for them. They're 0 to 5 days old.

ETA: if you want them post that you're buying then send the money to paypal cathysmarans (at) gmail (dot) com

Last edited:
This is a Buy It Now - $35.00 plus $15.00 shipping cost. Paypal only. Please post sold and PM immediately for paypal information. If they sell tonight I can get them in the mail tomorrow. If they sell tomorrow, I will mail on Saturday. This BIN ends tomorrow night at 9:00 pm mountain time.

There are 14 eggs large fowl Orpington hatching eggs: 3 eggs from the Red Cuckoo rooster over Splash, Red, & Chocolate hens (see below for color of chicks), 4 eggs from the Lav/Black pen, 2 eggs from the Chocolate pen, 3 eggs from the BBS pen, 2 eggs from the White pen. All eggs were laid yesterday and today.

I wrap every egg in bubble wrap and then double box them. I can not guarantee your hatch rate as there are too many things that can happen once the eggs leave my hands.

The Lavender rooster in the picture is with Lavender Orpington hens and Black Orpington hens. You will get Lavender and Black (split to lavender) chicks from this mating. My Orpingtons are a large percentage imported English. As some of you know I have lots of Orpingtons and have been breeding them for over 10 years. I love the English imports, however they have some serious faults such as not great layers, low fertility because of the huge amount of fluffy feathers, and they are not as hearty as our American Orpingtons. This pen represents what I hope is the best of both worlds. Fertility has been great here at home. The black orpington hens in this pen are very large and they are offspring from some of the first Orpingtons imported by Joy Atkins.

The Red Cuckoo rooster over the splash, red, and chocolate hens are all full English imports except for the two splash hen which have a small percentage of American blood. This pen will produce Red Cuckoo, Chocolate Cuckoo, and Blue Cuckoo chicks.

The Chocolate pen are full 100% English imported birds from three different breeders. There is one Mottled Chocolate in the pen and I think she may be laying so possible for Chocolate split to Chocolate Mottled.

The White pen is also full 100% English imported birds from two different breeders. These birds are huge and beautiful.

The BBS pen has a full 100% English Splash rooster (dominate) and a full 100% Black Cuckoo rooster over Blue, Black Cuckoo, and two Chocolate hens. Sorry I don't have pictures of these yet. The hen are either full English or a large percentage English.

LL
LL

LL
LL
Still available.

Auction: Jill Rees Cream Legbar Hatching Eggs (10+ eggs).

In August 2014, we acquired several Cream Legbars from Jill Rees lines. We now have some of these Jill Rees Cream Legbar hatching eggs available.

The Cream Legbar (also known as "Crested Cream Legbar") is one of the most well known of the autosexing chickens. They are known for their crest, eye catching sky blue eggs, and their laying ability. The Cream Legbar was created in the 1930's by crossing Brown Leghorns, Barred Rocks, and Araucanas. The cross created a bird which lays many eggs like a Leghorn, has a sky blue hue like the Araucana, and is barred like a Barred Rock. This combination adds for a unique specimen. The new line of Jill Rees Cream Legbar chickens we have look beautiful. While there is some variation in coloring in this line, only the better representatives of the breed were chosen for breeding.
Pictures are of actual birds in the breeding pen.

Bidding starts at $70 and must be in whole dollar amounts. Auction will expire exactly 24 hours from this post. Shipping will be an additional $15.

I've sold these, but still have plenty of eggs coming (it's spring and they're picking up). I will offer this again for anyone interested.

BUY IT NOW

12+ Golden Neck D'Uccle hatching eggs

$20 plus shipping

The Golden Necks are laying up a storm! I have extras after filling my incubator and orders. Will ship out Monday.

BUY IT NOW

12+ LF (project) Chocolate Orps

$35 plus shipping

I have a black split to chocolate rooster over chocolate hens. Have been hatching out lots of choc chicks. It kills me to sell these but I simply don't have the room and hate to see them go to waste. My stock was purchased from The Fancy Chick in 2013, they are medium sized, NOT bantams but not as big as your standard LF Orps so just want you to be aware. Can ship out tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom