Just In Time Hatching Egg AUCTION and BIN Thread

Sure! Let me get them boxed and I'll have a quote for you.
wink.png

Congratulations Purpletie3 is the winner!
clap.gif

This is what happens when I don't sleep with my phone! What a deal! Will you have more?

I think the original idea behind the post and time limits for bidding and selling was to ensure that the ones bidding and selling were members of the community that could be trusted and were known. That way we knew who we were buying from and who was bidding, and sellers were comfortable selling and buyers more comfortable buying. That's why the requirement seems so high - it's to make sure the person is an active member of the community, or has been around awhile.

I get that, but I can post the required 250 posts without problem. To me it just seems like anyone could make the 250 posts without being part of the community. I get the 6 months or some length of waiting time. Please! I am not wanting to be controversial. The thread starters rules are the thread starters rules. Kern

I will read all this when I get home. The rules have not changed. 6 months AND 250 post or 1 year and 20 posts. I want you to be a member of the BYC community before you start bidding posting on this thread. To my knowledge I have not said either 6 months or 250 post it is a AND 250 posts. Too many people myself included have been taken by people that just pop on here take someone's money and send bad eggs or NO eggs. The rules are there to add some protection and for newer people to have a reputation we can put some trust in. Sorry if it offends anyone but I am not going to change the rules.

Last edited:
When this thread was started, there had been another thread that was removed because there were some of us that got burned. DMRippy started this thread with the rules so that the chance of that same thing happening again would be lessened. Not to say that it can't or won't happen again, but to try and lessen the chance that it would. ebay and other places with let you bid without membership time or posts, and so do some threads here on BYC, so choices are available. If you see something here you want and don't have the time/posts, you could PM the seller and asked for the chance to get some eggs. There is a reason some people list here and not elsewhere...it could be because they feel the rules make sense.

When this thread was started, there had been another thread that was removed because there were some of us that got burned. DMRippy started this thread with the rules so that the chance of that same thing happening again would be lessened.  Not to say that it can't or won't happen again, but to try and lessen the chance that it would.  ebay and other places with let you bid without membership time or posts, and so do some threads here on BYC, so choices are available. If you see something here you want and don't have the time/posts, you could PM the seller and asked for the chance to get some eggs. There is a reason some people list here and not elsewhere...it could be because they feel the rules make sense.

I ovate you for clarification and sincerity. Thank you! Options are great and so is peace of mind.

Back
Top Bottom