Just saw a black cat chasing my chickens!

I am sorry I would not shoot anybodies cat! That is just to cruel! Especially if you have cats yourself roaming around what if they end up in the neighbors yard! Should they shoot it for trespassing? I don't even feed my chickens outside their coop! I do give them treats in the run but those get gobbled up so they are no worry! But I am going to shoot this hawk I just chased out of my back yard! He was on the ground this time. He is trying to find a way into getting my chickens! About a month ago he was perched in a tree above their run. Coyotes at night, and Hawks during the day. So glad I don't free range or I would have probably lost my flock by now!

Can never get my head around the fact that some people still think its ok to let their cats wonder off their property.
All my animals on my well fenced property are my pets .........Anybody else,s animal on my property is a predator and will be treated as such, and no, I don't care who owns it. SSS.

Cheers.......The Dog

GIVE BLOOD......tease my Boerboel.

Can never get my head around the fact that some people still think its ok to let their cats wonder off their property.
All my animals on my well fenced property are my pets .........Anybody else,s animal on my property is a predator and will be treated as such, and no, I don't care who owns it. SSS.

Cheers.......The Dog

GIVE BLOOD......tease my Boerboel.
thumbsup.gif

'Cept I only need one "S". I just shoot. I never shovel. And if I feel justified in shooting, I don't have to shut up about it.

I am sorry I would not shoot anybodies cat! That is just to cruel! Especially if you have cats yourself roaming around what if they end up in the neighbors yard! Should they shoot it for trespassing? I don't even feed my chickens outside their coop! I do give them treats in the run but those get gobbled up so they are no worry! But I am going to shoot this hawk I just chased out of my back yard! He was on the ground this time. He is trying to find a way into getting my chickens! About a month ago he was perched in a tree above their run. Coyotes at night, and Hawks during the day. So glad I don't free range or I would have probably lost my flock by now!
I heard through my neighborhood grape vine of a neighbor who was fined for killing a hawk.Would suggest not talking about it if you are planning to break the law.The fine is not small. Cruel or not I would shoot or get rid of roaming animals too.My cats did escape a few times,and I am glad they made it back home alive and well.

Along the lines of what Mattemma said! You could be fined for shooting a hawk so don't let people know, if you decide to go that route...
I know some states/counties may protect them for whatever wildlife reason but I know that my college here in the city released one on the campus to reduce cat/pigeon issues lol.
I found out that hawk cost the school around $1000

I'm no expert at all but my neighbor across the street has a few hens and she keeps a HUGE rooster that scares away cats, dogs, and birds lol. He sometimes literally gets over the fence and chases the cat off the block and promptly returns to his ladies. She does have a yard that's pretty 'private' but peeking through the fence I see she has the hens inside a coop and the male roams free around them and has his own 'den' as I call it... he's beastly looking.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom