Just Tired

herfrds

Songster
10 Years
Jan 11, 2010
Montana
It has been a crazy week. I had ordered a new chicken house for my growing group of pullets. Was suppose to be delivered on Monday. Delivery guy called and said he would be here after 5pm. Well around 4pm my pager goes off for a fire north of me. So I take off. DD is here but is taking care of the animals.
After getting off that fire around 8pm I have to take the truck into town for some repairs. Finally get home after 11pm. Check my home phone and there are 8 missed calls from the delivery guy. A couple are only 2 minutes apart.
Calls me the next day and I explain I was out on a fire. He says he won't be able to deliver my coop on Tuesday but they might be able to today. Ok.
Was up til 2am this morning watching a dry lighting storm go thru looking for fires.
The place that made my coop calls this morning. They are going to deliver today, even if I am out on a fire. The other delivery guy is also a volunteer fire fighter so he knows how this goes. Thank goodness!
The other guy never sounded like he wanted to come out here.

Coop is here!
Fire truck is fixed.
Worst weather is suppose to happen tomorrow.
teasing my dispatcher friend that she is a black cloud because as soon as she started this shift the fires have been nonstop.

Always great to hear about another EMT!
Praying for any moisture out here right now. The biggest fire is east of us. Last heard 256,000 acres and 12 homes have burned.
I know everyone is gratefully for all the support that has started pouring into that area.

Back
Top Bottom