Kankakee IL. Bird & Animal Swap 2008 dates 9/7 & 10/5

Fran,
I look forward to meeting you too. I don't know how wise I am, but I will take the compliment anyway!

smitty's farm,
We should have some welsummer chicks, I could have some for sure especially if you let me know which swap you will make it to and I will be sure to have some for you!!!

We will have some silkies, quail, oegb, some ducks, roosters & hens, guinea pigs, rabbits, chinchillas, lambs, possibly a few goats, egypatian geese and some chicks too. Could have somemore, but need to go through everything yet.

Christie
big_smile.png

Oh Christie,
If you dont mind me asking how much do you sell your lambs for? Are these bottle lambs or weaned? I know I dont need any more since we are getting alpacas but they are sooooo cute..Jenn

Jen,
Well, my husband sold the bottle lambs we had already, but I think we are still taking at least 1 barbado lamb. I honestly do not know what my husband wants for the barbado lambs. We usually just sell the hamps and suffolk lambs at market price.
I will ask him which ones we are taking, but they will be going to the April swap...we won't have any lambs for the June swap.. but there will be other vendors there selling some, I am sure!!!

Christie

Mothergoose is right, you won't regret a trip to Kankakee! There are always neat things to see and definitely plenty to choose from if you're shopping.

We'll have some chicks and ducklings to sell at the April swap, with more chicks, ducklings and probably a few goslings in May.

Hope to see you there!

Christie~

I'm so sad that I can't make it to the April Show.
hit.gif
I was so looking forward to it and meeting you. My husband has booked a last min family get away to go skiing in Colorado next weekend. He's messing up my chick shopping time. LOL!!!!
I'll be in touch. Maybe I can just drive your way sometime or make it to the May show. I'm going to go to the Waterloo one tomorrow.
Whew! 5:30am sooooooo early.
tongue.png

I'm still interested in the Welsummer eggs or chicks.

Thanks,
Kim
smile.png

Last edited:
We hatched some mixed breed chix(australorp with either New Hamp red, Barred Rock, RIR, or ISA brown). Should me and my girls bring the chix to trade(will anyone want them?) They are either 15 weeks or 10 weeks depends on who we bring.... What about young roo's...don't need them..should we bring? If I do bring will I have to pay a sellers fee for 5 or 6 young chickens...

We don't know what are coming after just thought we would go and get something...

Mother goose, did you say you were bringing lambs?

Anyone bring small baby pigs??(I'll be like a kid in a candy store I think)

Joe,
My husband says we are taking the barbado ewe and her 2 lambs. The lambs were born in December, so they are on feed good. There is 1 ewe & 1 ram lamb.

I have no dought you will not go home empty handed.
There usually is someone there selling feeder pigs and usually someone with pot bellie pigs too!

See you Sunday,
Christie
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom