Kankakee IL. Bird & Animal Swap 2008 dates 9/7 & 10/5

1 week till the June Kankakee swap!!!

Christie
big_smile.png

Does anyone know of anyone who would be taking wild ducks, wild geese, and pheasants, quail, or partridge to the swap?

Jason

Last edited:
Jason,
Best I can tell you is so far this year at the April & May Kankakee swaps, there has been very few wild ducks other than mallards. Mallards you should find.
rarely any Canadians or other wild geese.

Usually plenty of quail and pheasants of many varieties.

Have fun,
Christie
smile.png

My girls (7 and 5 years old) are very excited for the swap. I know we are going after a Budgie(parakeet) type bird for my 7 year old, they were $5 in April. Other than that who knows, I get like a kid in a candy shop at these things....

Mothergoose, I will see you there and you husbands cell number is programmed in my phone. We may make a couple rounds before dropping by just so we don't miss anything....

Joe,
We look forward to meeting you and your girls. And definetly do your shopping first!!! Would'nt want you to miss out on any great deals. We will be there till the very end...my husband is a die hard swapper!

See you Sunday,
Christie
big_smile.png

Not that I saw. I saw plenty of pheasants in Apr, missed may, but I don't remember seeing too many this time. Saw some Silver Pheasant chicks(mothergoose) and a couple Red Golden pheasants(4 or 5)...other than that didn't see too many.

I was kind of disappointed in how many adult birds were there. I took 1 hen and 2 started pullets and sold them as I walked in the gate. People swarmed me...

Saw more pigs, horses, a calf, lots of goats(I got a pygmy for a pet), a number of dogs(most didn't look all that good), lambs(quite a few), geese, ducks, a few peafowl, etc... Not as many pigeons or doves as April. More non alive stuff(from wrenches to cages to a battery charger)

Lots of chicks, RIR, Buff Orp, leghorn, duck, turkey, guinea, sure there were others I just don't remember them all.

All in all not as many chickens as April. More variety overall though.

We ended up with a 2 month old Pygmy goat, a black one, she is so cute, I need to get pictures posted. 1 Parakeet(7 yr old daughter has been trying to earn it for months), and 1 Rat Terrier pup.

Not so sure on the pup. Didn't care for the parakeet, but DD has been acting better, goat is lonely so I am buying another tomorrow. The dog is what I get for taking the wife with, she is a sucker for small critters...

Now I just want a couple sheep.....Sept maybe?

Back
Top Bottom