Kebonnix 12-egg Incubator Thread

Pics
I am planning another hatch with my students, and I think I can leave this over the weekend without water dropping to zero humidity. Last year I had to rig a shoelace wick to keep the humidity manageable when I wasn’t there on the weekend (the building is locked Fri night to Mon morning).

Well I have had nothing but bad hatches with the Kebbonixs incubator. I am not sure why. This last time I went with my digital thermometer because I didn't trust the incubator, First hatch in the bator was 2 out of 12. This year using the digital instead I got 3 out of 10 eggs to hatch, better but still awful when I've read so many amazing reviews about this incubator and they are not true for me. I need to find a mercury thermometer to fit in the bator. I am having such a hard time finding one. The ones I have are too large to fit in the batoer even when empty.

Well I have had nothing but bad hatches with the Kebbonixs incubator. I am not sure why. This last time I went with my digital thermometer because I didn't trust the incubator, First hatch in the bator was 2 out of 12. This year using the digital instead I got 3 out of 10 eggs to hatch, better but still awful when I've read so many amazing reviews about this incubator and they are not true for me. I need to find a mercury thermometer to fit in the bator. I am having such a hard time finding one. The ones I have are too large to fit in the batoer even when empty.
I found on on Amazon! Haven't ordered it yet. Let me grab a link.

small incubators are my bag, yeah ... hatched at least a couple hundred out of this small bator .. couple of tips .. small bators are sensitive to ambient, keep it on a hard surface, out of draft, and cover it, not tightly and leave a gap open slightly at two spots so it can breathe .. i use a lid in the bottom for water, when it dries out every 3 or so days i refill it .. and i put a link to the thermomameters im using, theyre small and jam up ..
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2852087321...VuEiFE6i8i3MZflnQ%3D|ampid:PL_CLK|clp:2332490

Attachments

• 20230329_095307.jpg
    20230329_095307.jpg
    347.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 20230329_095253.jpg
    20230329_095253.jpg
    333.5 KB · Views: 11
Ambient temperature may be the issue. My house does not hold a steady temp. I moved it to a warmer area for the second batch. I keep a blanket or sweater wrapped around it but am careful not to cover the vents. I think I have the same thermometer you are using. I’ve ordered another thermometer so we’ll try again.
Amazing that you’ve hatched so many out of that little incubator! Thankyou!

This incubator is FANTASTIC. If you don’t need to set a large amount of eggs, it is awesome. I love my 360, because I can squeeze upwards to 30 eggs in it, but the Kebonnix is so user friendly.
When you stack 30 eggs in your 360, did you turn the top ones manually? One hatch I stacked just an extra 4 in there and was quickly turning manually twice a day. I was so glad when I candled about the 10th day and could pull 4 out.

Back
Top Bottom