Kebonnix 12-egg Incubator Thread

Pics

Iluveggers

Crossing the Road
Jun 27, 2021
NYS
Hi everyone, I already own an NR360, but impulsively purchased the Kebonnix 12-egg incubator today! I couldn’t justify paying the increased $190 price for the 360, and saw some good comments about this incubator.

One of the reasons I thought using the 360 was so easy as a new hatcher was the big info thread that is stickied here.

I am hoping any of you that have a Kebonnix will join this thread, and share your tips & tricks, along with help to answer questions. I’ll be trying mine out this weekend, and will add any questions or important info that comes up during the hatch to this thread!

I’m also going to take some picture of the inside and outside with & without eggs for reference. If anyone has a manual and wants to attach it in this thread, please do!

Tip. Take a permanent black magic marker, and mark the flat side on the white toothed "wheel" that moves the yellow egg divider around the circle. Do the same thing on the flat side of the metal pin that turns it. Now much easier to put the two together without sipinning things back and forth, trying to get them to index properly.

Two, NEVER forget, when removing the yellow egg turning ring before starting lockdown to replace the white ring described above (poictured below) - or you risk your freshly hatched birds drowning in the center "pool".

61+CSw7pU1L._AC_UL116_SR116,116_.jpg

The white ring is your friend. Its also $10 to replace (Amazon) when that D-shaped hole becomes mostly round because something got caught and while the motor turned, the white ring did not.

Sincerely,
Experience.

Here is the instruction manual for my Kebonnixs 12-egg incubator, about 3-4 years old. I couldn't find an exact model # on the unit, nor a date on the manual - so I can't guarantee this is the latest, most up-to-date version - IF there are any other models or versions:

Attachments

• Kebonnixs 12-egg incubator MANUAL.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 326
My Kebonnixs was a gift from my son 💝 a couple of years ago. It has hatched maybe 8-10 batches of chicks, with a hatch rate average of about 80%. I LOVE the consistency of this little thing; the temperature never varies, I can add water without touching the lid, and I can control humidity by adjusting the vent.

I've added a tray liner made of that rubbery mesh shelf liner from Walmart. I added the liner to ensure the eggs turn over properly and don't slide on the surface of the tray, and to give the chicks some non-skid footing when they hatch. It's cut to fit the tray, but about 1/4-inch bigger than the center water reservoir, and smaller than the outer diameter of the tray - that's to allow the turner to slide easily on the tray surface without bunching up the liner. I have four bits of double-sided tape to hold the liner in place. Easily removed and cleaned. Works like a charm!!!

Interesting how you posted this thread today, while I'm doing some testing for the first time on my little incubator. In the pic below, I've got three hygrometer/thermometers in there, along with three little dishes of salt and water slurry. You can see the green liner I added. It occurred to me this morning that I've never calibrated either gauge - but I also suspect that either my separate IncuTherm gauge, or both of the ThermPro gauges, are faulty. I think the Kebonnixs' gauges are accurate. We shall see, in a few hours.

I've got a scheduled set date for a new batch of eggs on March 14.

KW2DFiDzndhsZHlBWNaMDixeMeKBM-dsX879N6Qyp8-TySuCCN1IVCnYkCTRVQy4B4iafXvFVDwIVZHcs-SdgHkeiex3Q5XVyO7-6j-z6rvIMrDGqufxacer3WrsSLCF_TgKPSlRQxmGjCax9-CkeN7ZS-2QdI3DYJ4bstePP6R-iPxlfW3ws8hs6ghnrAcehvAK2f4VpHlVQnTTr3BJf6vLpqLFkJDPJKyDmNPfEJoF4LqLU89ndp7E9l14ezMzPWmRJkY_k9rQQRw-pDIwN0c-EMTlRvrh1VcZNed1HXRFpNrHIe7GU8a3DAF8_cyR6zSZxhpZd9kUQkwl5-zbrZkW_sFki3NWpgC_b8V8Y5K81bATQIsEvI1olxA3SoR7YFMNEEawOkU0Zp3y0wLmx_J8rKGhe8J3-8iT3yUYZ-XfTTWcie6C6BEB2yAXWMdGEMZu28qBQDjU3nonpl0VuMoma4105BWnOoBT5aHX4rFVygym509JrOCeTmygZ_9GvFFt2S2uD-E5AKw8_47H7ewj8hYoA-oV1Q7ykbIo1k99v7RXcpiTlGh-zAWXgw1dx3jeQuG9tg9I1wdBR9fQXKNYeaiYwnMDYSGNzcCLvrzO2idsLU9fNLlbcWyNRoq8LLuYDtH6U1p0mbcob_tszaaJh8y6RPQXQ032EarHXvLxhL9dvPqy01iQ5PpPSZ-sZXw7I7sMyiWDM_Wkvr9q6uEL94AZBWiaubEy_6ufnU-WqucN7tSIcUwwXTAOMNean12rLMdujpiTzWzf4KqxYm0UVFpcwYYdWH0etvyXMnCQx914ZMw8argKyT-R6p0BkZqZ_0oGzj1VROkxFEMQv89UaZsX-Q2XQVVx7Rx_u_CuOmAfljIQ8YinELcTL4oYzUPM0dXKMRotgSLLsq5aVVocxUmgMe2HktoDHkhMk4tLXRm2=w983-h950-no

Last edited:
Great info, everyone! Thank you for adding! The YouTube video was great. Does the cover over the water reservoir do a good job at keeping the chicks out? The holes seemed a bit bigz

I am going to print that manual on Monday, and once I get my new kebonnix I’ll see if it matches up to that model!

Great info, everyone! Thank you for adding! The YouTube video was great. Does the cover over the water reservoir do a good job at keeping the chicks out? The holes seemed a bit bigz

I am going to print that manual on Monday, and once I get my new kebonnix I’ll see if it matches up to that model!
It does a much better job then when its absent! and yes, I've had no troubles with the cover in place.

Back
Top Bottom