Kebonnix 12-egg Incubator Thread

My Kebonnixs was a gift from my son 💝 a couple of years ago. It has hatched maybe 8-10 batches of chicks, with a hatch rate average of about 80%. I LOVE the consistency of this little thing; the temperature never varies, I can add water without touching the lid, and I can control humidity by adjusting the vent.

I've added a tray liner made of that rubbery mesh shelf liner from Walmart. I added the liner to ensure the eggs turn over properly and don't slide on the surface of the tray, and to give the chicks some non-skid footing when they hatch. It's cut to fit the tray, but about 1/4-inch bigger than the center water reservoir, and smaller than the outer diameter of the tray - that's to allow the turner to slide easily on the tray surface without bunching up the liner. I have four bits of double-sided tape to hold the liner in place. Easily removed and cleaned. Works like a charm!!!

Interesting how you posted this thread today, while I'm doing some testing for the first time on my little incubator. In the pic below, I've got three hygrometer/thermometers in there, along with three little dishes of salt and water slurry. You can see the green liner I added. It occurred to me this morning that I've never calibrated either gauge - but I also suspect that either my separate IncuTherm gauge, or both of the ThermPro gauges, are faulty. I think the Kebonnixs' gauges are accurate. We shall see, in a few hours.

I've got a scheduled set date for a new batch of eggs on March 14.

KW2DFiDzndhsZHlBWNaMDixeMeKBM-dsX879N6Qyp8-TySuCCN1IVCnYkCTRVQy4B4iafXvFVDwIVZHcs-SdgHkeiex3Q5XVyO7-6j-z6rvIMrDGqufxacer3WrsSLCF_TgKPSlRQxmGjCax9-CkeN7ZS-2QdI3DYJ4bstePP6R-iPxlfW3ws8hs6ghnrAcehvAK2f4VpHlVQnTTr3BJf6vLpqLFkJDPJKyDmNPfEJoF4LqLU89ndp7E9l14ezMzPWmRJkY_k9rQQRw-pDIwN0c-EMTlRvrh1VcZNed1HXRFpNrHIe7GU8a3DAF8_cyR6zSZxhpZd9kUQkwl5-zbrZkW_sFki3NWpgC_b8V8Y5K81bATQIsEvI1olxA3SoR7YFMNEEawOkU0Zp3y0wLmx_J8rKGhe8J3-8iT3yUYZ-XfTTWcie6C6BEB2yAXWMdGEMZu28qBQDjU3nonpl0VuMoma4105BWnOoBT5aHX4rFVygym509JrOCeTmygZ_9GvFFt2S2uD-E5AKw8_47H7ewj8hYoA-oV1Q7ykbIo1k99v7RXcpiTlGh-zAWXgw1dx3jeQuG9tg9I1wdBR9fQXKNYeaiYwnMDYSGNzcCLvrzO2idsLU9fNLlbcWyNRoq8LLuYDtH6U1p0mbcob_tszaaJh8y6RPQXQ032EarHXvLxhL9dvPqy01iQ5PpPSZ-sZXw7I7sMyiWDM_Wkvr9q6uEL94AZBWiaubEy_6ufnU-WqucN7tSIcUwwXTAOMNean12rLMdujpiTzWzf4KqxYm0UVFpcwYYdWH0etvyXMnCQx914ZMw8argKyT-R6p0BkZqZ_0oGzj1VROkxFEMQv89UaZsX-Q2XQVVx7Rx_u_CuOmAfljIQ8YinELcTL4oYzUPM0dXKMRotgSLLsq5aVVocxUmgMe2HktoDHkhMk4tLXRm2=w983-h950-no
We also use the shelf liner. I did make a pattern out of poster board so I don't have to constantly use the turner.

I’m currently using mine again for the second time this year. I just hatched out a couple showgirl chicks at the end of February. So far I’m very happy with the ease of use and consistency. It’s been fairly easy to keep the humidity right where it needs to be and easy to raise when I needed to put them into lockdown.

I also thought the hole seem large on the center wheel. Silkies are tiny when they hatch but mine haven’t had any issues.

I received the Kebonnix on Wednesday night, and got it out of the box & set up quickly. Setup was almost identical to the NR360, which made it super easy to do. I added water to the small line, but it went up into the 60’s, so i suctioned a bit out. I’ll have to run it a bit under the line. It came with a manual, very easy to read. Only complaint is there is very little space to put in another thermometer/hygrometer, so mine is kind of laid over the eggs. Temperature has been pretty consistent all the way around the tray.

This morning I put 12 eggs in. Humidity is at 45%. Since there is no room to stack extra eggs, this will be a very hands-off hatch as no additional hand turning or checking is needed. Will see how long the humidity holds before I have to add more water.

So far this incubator is great.

1679141998247.jpeg

Tip. Take a permanent black magic marker, and mark the flat side on the white toothed "wheel" that moves the yellow egg divider around the circle. Do the same thing on the flat side of the metal pin that turns it. Now much easier to put the two together without sipinning things back and forth, trying to get them to index properly.

Two, NEVER forget, when removing the yellow egg turning ring before starting lockdown to replace the white ring described above (poictured below) - or you risk your freshly hatched birds drowning in the center "pool".

61+CSw7pU1L._AC_UL116_SR116,116_.jpg

The white ring is your friend. Its also $10 to replace (Amazon) when that D-shaped hole becomes mostly round because something got caught and while the motor turned, the white ring did not.

Sincerely,
Experience.
Thank you so much! I lost mine after the very first hatch which means I had to hand turn the eggs and also I had to get chicks out asap so they didn’t get in water. Had several flop over in there but I got them out before drowning. Just ordered the replacement.

Back
Top Bottom