Keeping Fish

Lol
Here are much better representations of their colors. Everything is running smoothly and seems fine, should I worry about anything?

They are beautiful fish! I'll need to keep an eye out for a male like your double tail...

It was the color of him that she liked. I can't give her my own since I only have two(purple is mine, black one is my sister's), and no more spaces in my tank for any more males(the rest of the tank is for females and I don't intend to overstock my tank). And I don't want to set up a whole other tank with a filter for one fish, so I'd rather get her a small self cleaning bowl for one betta. Just my opinion though.

I hope I can brighten up their colors with some TLC, and if I get some fry like him maybe I can send one over if you're interested... in a non-cruel way
smile.png

*His name is Monroe<3*

Last edited:
To reduce the filter flow, what would be some safe household items to use? Anything that won't decompose in, or toxify, the water. I'm sure I can find a way to make it work(with whatever I have to work with)
Online I read that too much flaring is a problem for bettas; is this true? If so, is separation really necessary? I think that with their continuous flaring they will build muscle and color(for the lady fish, and to swim with more ease against the filter current). They also display their full fins which I think is enjoyable to watch
pop.gif

Is it okay for them to constantly be on the move?
Another question: would you suggest the my fun fish tank?
For those of you who don't know what it is, it's a vase with an empty bottom, connected to a pipe, connected to a spout. Gravity brings down the fish's waste, and when you pour water into the vase, dirty water comes out of the spout. I question it's cleanliness, because all it does is push out some dirt that sinks. To keep the vase cleaner, I can always do weekly washes, use plants, only give the fish enough food it can eat in a few minutes, and/or add good bacteria. So I'm not sure if it's a good setup or not, but it is cheap and it flushes a lot of fish waste out. You can even put a little plant under the spout to use the wastewater as fertilizer^-^ I say if you make sure your fish is good, do it. If you'd rather put the fish in there, over feed it and only change the water once a week, get a more elaborate and safe setup.

Last edited:
Bettas are always on the move! Those males are very pretty, I'm sure they're even prettier in person. Is the red one a plakat? And is the bottom one a spade, veil or round tail? I'd love to see some more side pictures of their full fins!
Would anyone mind answering my previous questions? I'll just sum up what I wrote(with updates)
I reduced the filter flow a bit, so that's not my major concern. Is it okay for my bettas to be flaring/moving around a lot? And would you suggest the My Fun Fish Tank, a Biorb bowl, or the Back To The Roots Tank? It's just for a single betta, maybe some roomies of another species. If you guys suggest neither I'll have to figure something out(like homemade, or 5 gal. ecosystem) My Fun Fish Light Up Self Cleaning Tank from Collections Etc. - Back to the Roots 'Aquafarm' Aquaponic Indoor Garden with Self ... - baby biOrb Aquarium Kit with Light, 4 gal. | Petco Store

Last edited:
My betta display at each other a lot, it keeps them from getting bored and builds muscle, they enjoy doing it. A healthy betta like moving around.

Is that based on a long time of observing them or have you just had them flaring at one another for a little while? Please take no offense to that question, I don't mean to question your integrity or experience.

Back
Top Bottom