Keet with enlarged head?

I hope I'm wrong, but it doesn't look as perky as it should. Fingers crossed for both of you.
hugs.gif

-Kathy

I havent either and I dont think it will make it I am sorry but it is a pretty cool phenomenon . Thank you for sharing the pictures and i am going to keep looking for you nothingbutbirds.

I guess I'll just have to care for it as best I can, and see if the little guy makes it. It seems to keep up with my turkey better than the other keets.
Thanks for your thoughts on it.

does it find food and water on its own ? never know it could live but it looks very tired. In these pics anyway. I havent been able to find anything.

It eats and drinks good, preens itself, plays with the others, it just is slower. It's definitely more vocal than the others too.
It always looks like it's squinting. I'll take a few pictures of it while it's walking around.

Haven't seen anything quite like that before, but I gottta be honest and say it doesn't look good.

-Kathy
I have to agree. I've had bulging eyes, but not hydrocephalus. And if casportpony hasn't seen it yet I am not sure you will find anyone who has. I am sorry I am not of much help. Did you hatch this keet from your own eggs?

Yes, it's from my own eggs. This is my first one that's had any defect. This was an early hatch, as they started hatching five days early, two hatched out in the turner. The one with the swollen head was one of the two.

If anyone would have know about this I believe it would have been these two members. I think it must be very rare. It might get lucky and the water/swelling will go down but it is just going to be a wait and see thing unless you do decide to have it vetted. Good luck with it. would love to know how it turns out.
fl.gif

I still don't understand how it hatched with such a big head, huh.
Thanks all for the input! I'm hoping I won't have too much trouble with it's health, it's doesn't seem to be having too much trouble, so hopefully that will keep up. I'll definitely let you know how it turns out, if you would like.

Back
Top Bottom