Kentucky people

Pics

Rooky1

Hatching
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Ky.
Come join in. I have been around the BYC for about 5 yrs. I am near E'town. Have about 20 chickens of various breeds. I like the look of the new board. Russ

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, I'm in Elkton Kentucky and we have a small flock of 24 Standard White Cochin. Love, love, love them! Such sweet personalities, I can pick our rooster, Thor, up and cuddle him! We also have a small flock of ducks, 3 adult Pekin and a variety of ducklings that we ordered just this year which include a Cayuga, a Black Swedish (we ordered 2 but sadly one didn't survive) a Blue Swedish, 2 Silver Appleyards a Rouen and a Saxony. Our ducks free range, we have a sizable pond, and our chickens have a sizable run due to irresponsible dog owning neighbors. My husband thinks I'm becoming a crazy bird lady! :gig

Hi all! I'm new to Kentucky. Just moved to the Greensburg/Campbellsville area 5 months ago from Detroit. Talk about change of pace!! I'm also new to chickens. Anyone in my area?
Hi all! I'm new to Kentucky. Just moved to the Greensburg/Campbellsville area 5 months ago from Detroit. Talk about change of pace!! I'm also new to chickens. Anyone in my area?
Welcome to Kentucky! I live in La Grange! Enjoy the slower pace and all the green space along with the very changeable weather…. If you don’t like it just wait a bit and it will change!

Hi Wife and I are looking at moving into the Louisville area. I raise 25+ broilers for the family freezer a couple times a years. Looking over the applicable laws it seems like as long as I own more then .5 acres I can raise a rooster and as many broilers as I want. Seems wonderful …… but also to good to be true. I thought we'd have to move out to the rural again (not that I mind but wife seems to like people for some reason)
If this is true please advise.... if it isnt any oppinions on where around Louisville might be a good place that would allow a Rooster some layers and 25+- broilers a few times a year would be appreciated

Last edited:
Hi all! I’m from Winchester! Just got 6 chicks from TSC yesterday with just atrocious pasty butts. After a thorough soak, their vents are now cleared but I’m not sure for how long. A kind soul on here helped me ID what breeds they may be; it looks like 3 gold laced sebrights, 2 crele old English game, and a Mille fleur duccle. I’m so excited! I’ve wanted chickens for years!

Back
Top Bottom