Kentucky people

Quote:
Muscovies are great mothers all around Ive heard of them raising chicks, foster ducks, geese, swans, peafowl, ect. They are kind of like the silkie or cochin when it comes to brooding they will take anything in as its own no matter what they look like! The only thing with some eggs is the Muscovie is too heavy for small breeds, they crush the eggs!

I'm in Edmonton, KY. No chickens yet, but I'm getting ready to convert our divided oak barn wood 20' x 30' corn crib. I'm enjoying reading & seeing what others on this forum have done. Lots of ideas here! Glad to meet y'all!

Baba Yaga's Hut :

I'm in Edmonton, KY. No chickens yet, but I'm getting ready to convert our divided oak barn wood 20' x 30' corn crib. I'm enjoying reading & seeing what others on this forum have done. Lots of ideas here! Glad to meet y'all!

I'm also in Edmonton..if you need any help with anything..let me know. I also sent you my phone number in a PM.
Welcome!​

Baba Yaga's Hut :

Hello from Eastern KY
welcome-byc.gif

Hello Ky friends. I'm from Upton, Ky.
That is about 15 miles south of E-town.
I have 10 Dominiques, a pair of Silkies, guinneas and a pair of white Chinese Geese.
Will have 12 baby Banam suprises from Ideal tomorrow.
Will be setting some Dom. eggs next week.
I've had chickens for years. Won a few trophies at the local fairs.
Nice to meet you all.

Quote:
Sorry about the delay in answering, I have not been able to catch anyone home to get contat info... still trying though.

Larry

There is a farm in Taylorsville Ky where they have a "Chicken Dinner Workshop" where they will teach you how to do it. There was an article in the paper about it last week. Heres the link if you are interested.... http://www.louisville.com/content/l...rm-chicken-dinner-workshop-fitness-and-health

It has been a long time since I posted anything. I have had so many changes in my life for the past year. I took some young Silkies to the Paris swap meet today,my first chicken outing in a long time. I had a great time, sold all my birds (really cheap but I had to let some go), and saw some nice birds. Most of the good birds were bantams, but there was a nice pair of Wyandottes (Blue Laced Red or Red Laced Blue - I always get this one backwards) that I wanted to bring home with me. Also there were some lovely Mottled Cochins there.

Tom in Lexington

Quote:
Hi Tom! The two little darlings that I got from you are growing up and looking great. They are about 12 weeks old now and I think they might be pullets. Of course, they are Silkies, so who knows?
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom